REMINDER

NorthSideSox72

I understand that there are posters on here who find certain other posters to be nothing but snark and B.S. machines. This is what the ignore feature is for - please use it! Us Mods and Admins can't, but the rest of you can. It might work well to keep the threads more palatable for folks.

Or, just use your own built in ignore feature - and just don't respond to them (or imitate them or extrapolate their views to everyone else on their side of the aisle).

Thank you for your support.

Also, the next poster who makes an inappropriate comment or verbally attacks a fellow poster will receive a warning and/or a suspension.

Sarcasm is ok (within reason), arguing is ok (that's why this subforum exists), unconventionally making a point, etc. Name-calling, flaming, and deliberately provoking another poster to get under their skin are not ok. Remember the guidelines everyone should have read and agreed to prior to posting here.

Edited by lostfan

• 1 month later...

Just another friendly reminder about the lovely ignore feature we offer (free of charge!) here at Soxtalk!

Is there someone that raises your heckles, rankles your cankles, shreds your last nerve? Ignore 'em! It's easy, it's fun, it's free.

And it keeps you from stooping to their level!

A PSA from Soxy (global mod extraordinaire)!

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 08:36 AM)
Just another friendly reminder about the lovely ignore feature we offer (free of charge!) here at Soxtalk!

Is there someone that raises your heckles, rankles your cankles, shreds your last nerve? Ignore 'em! It's easy, it's fun, it's free.

And it keeps you from stooping to their level!

A PSA from Soxy (global mod extraordinaire)!

:lolhitting You sold me on it Soxy.Now I want to ignore someone,it doesnt even matter who cause its so much fun.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
:lolhitting You sold me on it Soxy.Now I want to ignore someone,it doesnt even matter who cause its so much fun.

AND it makes you more attractive to the opposite sex! It's like beer, but with less calories!

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
AND it makes you more attractive to the opposite sex! It's like beer, but with less calories!

...and noone has ever woken up the next day and said "Those were some enormus ignore goggles i had last night"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Update:

The personal attacks policy remains in effect even for the Filibuster.

Please do not insult another poster, whether you feel goaded into it or not.

Failure to comply with this policy will result in suspension of posting abilities.

• 11 months later...
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
I'll give a testimonial!! not in this forum, but in the Sox forum I used this feature in the last week on one poster and it is awesome, I'm just annoyed that their posts come through when people quote them

I ignored somebody and it is great. And NOBODY ever quotes this person which may say something about that person's posts. Of course I am on many ignore buttons as well.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
I ignored somebody and it is great. And NOBODY ever quotes this person which may say something about that person's posts. Of course I am on many ignore buttons as well.

Quoting this so that everyone knows that Greg posted :lolhitting

I do not like ignore features/functions, and I refuse to use them. I think they're for weak minded individuals.

No matter how much I may hate reading what someone has to say, because I disagree with it that much, I STILL believe it deserves to be heard/read. And if I STILL disagree with them, no matter how much time passes, I'll just take a pass on replying to them rather than putting them on ignore.

WEAK.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
I do not like ignore features/functions, and I refuse to use them. I think they're for weak minded individuals.

No matter how much I may hate reading what someone has to say, because I disagree with it that much, I STILL believe it deserves to be heard/read. And if I STILL disagree with them, no matter how much time passes, I'll just take a pass on replying to them rather than putting them on ignore.

WEAK.

Ignored.