7/30 Games

royoung

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:51 PM)
Former White Sox draft pick, David Holmberg made a quality start for Cincy today. I didn't know he had been called up. 6IP, 5H, 2ER, 3BB, 4K against Pit.

Today is the 5 year anniversary of the Sox inexplicably throwing in Holmberg on the Hudson-Edwin Jackson deal. I know this because Facebook "reminded" me of how outraged I was over the deal at the time.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:03 AM)
Today is the 5 year anniversary of the Sox inexplicably throwing in Holmberg on the Hudson-Edwin Jackson deal. I know this because Facebook "reminded" me of how outraged I was over the deal at the time.

I was with you.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
Triple and homer for Anderson

Also seems like Barnum gets a lot of extra base hits these days

He's had a great last few weeks. And his K rate has improved a bit this year too. It'd be great if something was starting to click with him.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:03 AM)

On the bright side, he's not good. 4.40 ERA/4.75 FIP in AAA this year, 5 K/9 and 3 BB/9.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
Was hoping Jackson Glines would be doing better at these levels.

He was a saver special, signed for 10k in the 10th. That's usually more like a 20th round pick's bonus, give or take. I wouldn't expect much from him, though if he does do well, bonus.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)
He was a saver special, signed for 10k in the 10th. That's usually more like a 20th round pick's bonus, give or take. I wouldn't expect much from him, though if he does do well, bonus.

I did not think he'd be a major leaguer, but college player who by all reports made nice contact and was solid in everything. Thought he'd be interesting to follow at lower levels, but looks like he's not.