Carlos Perez Getting Some Love From Ben Badler

Boopa1219

Michael (Dallas): Hey Ben, Thanks as always for the chat. Can you give some under the radar Catching prospects who you think can make it to the bigs and stick at C. Thanks

Ben Badler: These are always tricky questions because I’m never sure how far under the radar to go. I’ll go way deep under where most people are looking and say Carlos Perez with the White Sox. He’s the younger brother of Angels catcher Carlos Perez (his oldest brother is also a former Cubs catcher named Carlos Perez), but the White Sox have the most advanced brother at his age (18). Nice swing, good approach, uses the whole field, projects to stick behind the plate and has a chance to hit for more power than his big league brother.

Hopefully he will be THE Carlos Perez that people think of in the big leagues 10 years from now.

He's been my sleeper guy for most of the season now. He could be an above average to good catcher defensively, and his ability to put the bat on the ball is remarkable, only 12 K's in almost 240 PA's dating back to last year. Looking forward to seeing him in Great Fall next year.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
Hopefully he will be THE Carlos Perez that people think of in the big leagues 10 years from now.

He's been my sleeper guy for most of the season now. He could be an above average to good catcher defensively, and his ability to put the bat on the ball is remarkable, only 12 K's in almost 240 PA's dating back to last year. Looking forward to seeing him in Great Fall next year.

I hope he goes to the AZL, even if its for a couple weeks. I would hate to see him rushed.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)
Perez might have leap-frogged over Alfaro, who, for some reason is on the Sox Top 30 list.

He should be on the top 30 list. He's 17 years old playing in the AZL, so calm down. The fact that the Sox were willing to send him to the AZL one year after signing him out of Columbia, shows how high they are on him. The same goes for Amado Nunez who the Sox are excited about.