8/1 Games

flavum

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
Considering how bad he was before, Peter Tago (now in AA) has been pretty damn good this season.

This kid was pretty highly rated when drafted by the Rockies. Our org's pitching process seems to be to his liking. He has a chance.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
Yes he is! I made that point in the Hahn thread in reference to the value of a comp pick.

I love how Adams pounds the strike zone.

Wonder if the Sox will go after Wieters, seems easier if Shark leaves and we get a comp pick

re Adams. most knows i am a fan, i like his development this yr. he is growing quite nicely and of course, he may hit some bumps. i would like to see him finished at his level and get some rest.

however, i am only a fan. the sox has a great group of coaches and knows a whole hell more than any of us.

but i like Adams future.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
Seems like something has clicked for Barnum. Has an extra base hit in something like 9 of last 11 games.

Yup, his overall July numbers were very solid but I feel like his K rate has dropped significantly over the past few weeks. I'm not going to get overly excited just yet, but he's done enough this year to remain a prospect of interest.

Fun stat about Spencer Adams, he has five walks over his last 57.2 innings and has just 15 walks over his 135.2 professional innings. Unbelievable command for a high schooler.

In comparison, Tyler Kolek had five walks over two innings last night against Kannapolis.

Edited by southside hitman

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
Fun stat about Spencer Adams, he has five walks over his last 57.2 innings and has just 15 walks over his 135.2 professional innings. Unbelievable command for a high schooler.

In comparison, Tyler Kolek had five walks over two innings last night against Kannapolis.

Yes he does. Almost to a fault sometimes. I noticed he gave up an 0-2 homer this game. I would like to know what Spencers era is with 0-2 and 1-2 counts. Seems every run he gives up, he is ahead in the count. Someone will fix that along the way and he will blossom.