Jackson and Politte's last couple of outings

CSF

I know Munoz got knocked around tonight, but the 'pen's gotta help him out a little bit. The offense is trying to get them back in it, but it does no good if the Sox cut the deficit just to let the pen give it back. Come on you two, get in the damn game and focus!

Who Me!?

MarkJackson.jpg

That's Mark, but yeah this is really getting old. We really can't have faith in anyone but Shingo and Damaso. True, Munoz gave up 11 runs in the first two innings; but those runs that Mike Jackson and Cliff Politte gave up really seem to hurt more. Those are the innings that lost us the game.

I know Munoz got knocked around tonight, but the 'pen's gotta help him out a little bit.  The offense is trying to get them back in it, but it does no good if the Sox cut the deficit just to let the pen give it back.  Come on you two, get in the damn game and focus!

Dude dont even blame the bullpen

Munoz sucked ass... 11 ER in 3 ip

This loss falls RIGHT on his shoulders, all of it... Dont blame the bullpen at all... Its Munoz fault

And hey, it was his debut and he blew... it happens... but everyone knows that because of him we lost... not the bullpen, but Munoz

This loss falls RIGHT on his shoulders, all of it... Dont blame the bullpen at all... Its Munoz fault

And hey, it was his debut and he blew... it happens... but everyone knows that because of him we lost... not the bullpen, but Munoz

So it's okay that the bullpen gave up another 6 runs?

Good job bullpen!!!

So when Uribe made it an 11-6 game, it was okay for Politte to give those 3 runs back and make it a 14-6 game? Or after the 3 runs driven in by Uribe again in the 6th to make it 14-9, it was okay for Jackson to give one of them back? Or when the Sox got it to 15-14, it was okay for Cotts to give up the 2 run shot to make it 17-14?

Yep, you're right. It was all Munoz's fault tonight.

:headshake

Jackson was very solid the first month or so.  I'm not sure what's happened to him.  Pollite has been trash all year.  We're back to being in the same boat we were last year.  Last year the only guys we could count on were Marte and Gordon.  This year it's Marte and Shingo.

Yup, I was just talking to my friend about that, we're right back to where we were last year with the bullpen, really two guys we can depend on. Wunsch was solid but jerry only used him for a batter or so. It seems like we have some good options in the minors for bullpen help, although I'm kind of scared to go back down to the minors for help. But santiago was very solid for cleveland last year and probably deserves a shot. Courtney Duncan has been solid, he was actually really good with the flubs until carlos hit that walk of granny off him(good memories.) :headbang Baj and majewski might also warrant shots but I think santiago should be the first one to get his shot out of the bullpen.

Yup, I was just talking to my friend about that, we're right back to where we were last year with the bullpen, really two guys we can depend on.  Wunsch was solid but jerry only used him for a batter or so.  It seems like we have some good options in the minors for bullpen help, although I'm kind of scared to go back down to the minors for help.  But santiago was very solid for cleveland last year and probably deserves a shot.  Courtney Duncan has been solid, he was actually really good with the flubs until carlos hit that walk of granny off him(good memories.) :headbang Baj and majewski might also warrant shots but I think santiago should be the first one to get his shot out of the bullpen.

I have ZERO faith in our system pitching wise. I'm praying Kenny goes out and makes a move for another relief arm. Then we have to hope one of the other scrubs comes around.

I have ZERO faith in our system pitching wise.  I'm praying Kenny goes out and makes a move for another relief arm.  Then we have to hope one of the other scrubs comes around.

Ditto, but santiago was real good with cleveland last year so I think he could be effective here also.

Baseball Propectus' reliever evaluation tools.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX Park Effect: +0.3%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pitcher G IP R ARA APR IRnr/G EIRs/G IRP BRS RRA ARP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adkins,J 16 23.0 8 3.08 4.3 0.25 0.09 0.4 0.7 3.21 4.0

Cotts,N 17 20.0 10 4.43 0.8 0.65 0.24 1.1 -1.4 3.35 3.2

Jackson,M 21 25.0 14 4.96 -0.5 0.57 0.15 -2.1 -0.7 5.71 -2.6

Koch,B 24 23.3 15 5.69 -2.4 0.25 0.09 -1.5 1.0 6.75 -5.1

Marte,D 27 29.0 9 2.75 6.5 0.70 0.25 1.5 -0.2 2.34 7.9

Politte,C 24 20.3 12 5.22 -1.0 0.50 0.09 -1.8 1.3 6.75 -4.5

Takatsu,S 23 24.3 3 1.09 10.0 0.43 0.14 1.9 0.0 0.40 11.8

Wunsch,K 3 2.0 0 0.00 1.1 1.00 0.30 -1.1 0.0 5.60 -0.2