I take the ACT's tomorrow..

Heads22

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACT a piece of cake if you can read - fortunately the way it asks questions is the way I understand things best - so I aced it back in the day which was my claim to fame for college applications -

good luck!

Hey if you really f*** up the ACTS, you won't get into ISU but there is always Iowa! :lol: :lol: :lol: :bang :bang :bang

ACT a piece of cake if you can read - fortunately the way it asks questions is the way I understand things best - so I aced it back in the day which was my claim to fame for college applications -

good luck!

Hey if you really f*** up the ACTS, you won't get into ISU but there is always Iowa!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :bang  :bang  :bang

Agreed. ACT's are pretty easy.

I got a 29 overall (thats with a mere 23 on the english section), while hungover.

Only thing that might trip you up is the time limits.

They set that test up to ensure you can do a certain amount of work in a certain amount of time... and on some of the sections it gets really really rough for people that dont read very fast... thankfully i do.

good luck!

Hey if you really f*** up the ACTS, you won't get into ISU but there is always Iowa!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :bang  :bang  :bang

Now Now, U of I is a waaaay better school ;)

good luck!

Now Now, U of I is a waaaay better school ;)

To get into the U of I, I'd have to learn the art of rape...just ask Pierre Pierce.

good luck!

Agreed. ACT's are pretty easy.

I got a 29 overall (thats with a mere 23 on the english section), while hungover.

Only thing that might trip you up is the time limits.

They set that test up to ensure you can do a certain amount of work in a certain amount of time... and on some of the sections it gets really really rough for people that dont read very fast... thankfully i do.

I agree... The ACTs are a joke...

27 a little tipsy, running on 3 1/2 hours of sleep, and with no calculator. :cheers

Standardized tests are a waste of time.

I got a 23 on my ACT, which I took four years ago, and didn't care to retake it. I graudated high school with a 3.667 GPA, and am loving my time at the real ISU.

Soxheads, there's always a time to come out of the dark and see the real ISU.

I got a 23 on my ACT, which I took four years ago, and didn't care to retake it.  I graudated high school with a 3.667 GPA, and am loving my time at the real ISU.

Going to South Carolina, we drove right by Normal. Central Illinois and Indiana are f***ing boring. Iowa State is the real ISU.

I got a 23 on my ACT, which I took four years ago, and didn't care to retake it.  I graudated high school with a 3.667 GPA, and am loving my time at the real ISU.

Going to South Carolina, we drove right by Normal. Central Illinois and Indiana are f***ing boring. Iowa State is the real ISU.

The entire Midwest (Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, eastern Colorado, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Kentucky, southern Georgia, and the Florida panhandle) are all relatively boring with the exception of a few places (Chicago, New Orleans, St. Louis, Milwaukee to name a few).

From what I've seen 99.999999% of this country is one big yawn. :usa

The entire Midwest (Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, eastern Colorado, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Kentucky, southern Georgia, and the Florida panhandle) are all relatively boring with the exception of a few places (Chicago, New Orleans, St. Louis, Milwaukee to name a few).

From what I've seen 99.999999% of this country is one big yawn. :usa

I think we stopped in Peoria for a bite at a McDonalds...that wasn't too bad....Indiana was the worst...one freaking city on the interstate. There was Indianapolis and that was it.

I got told by my advisor [a priest, no less] that I should be a rodeo clown despite getting a 27 on my ACT and getting into the school I wanted to go to. Then again, the entire advising department was screwed up there. One guy thought I was depressed because I never got into National Honors Society [i never filled out the papers to apply because I didn't want to be in it] and then they thought my friend was cutting herself [she wasn't] and they kept doing things like that to make themselves feel needed. :huh:

ACTs are meaningless for the most part. Hell, a kid I went to school with scored 2 points higher than what the monkey did when he took the test and got into Duke [does help that the kid is over 7 ft. tall]

And ISU [ill. State Univ.] Sucks! :bringit :P

I got told by my advisor [a priest, no less] that I should be a rodeo clown despite getting a 27 on my ACT and getting into the school I wanted to go to.  Then again, the entire advising department was screwed up there.  One guy thought I was depressed because I never got into National Honors Society [i never filled out the papers to apply because I didn't want to be in it] and then they thought my friend was cutting herself [she wasn't] and they kept doing things like that to make themselves feel needed.  :huh:

ACTs are meaningless for the most part.  Hell, a kid I went to school with scored 2 points higher than what the monkey did when he took the test and got into Duke [does help that the kid is over 7 ft. tall]

And ISU [ill. State Univ.] Sucks!  :bringit :P

Well Apu, I think you could have been a damn good rodeo clown. :lol:

I could get into the National Honor Society. Afterall, I am in the Intellectually Gifted Program (only because some hot chicks go there and it gets me outta study block). But I dont want to be in the National Honor Society. Its a waste of time. What the heck do they do anyways? Well whatever it is, they can keep it. I am completely self confident and I dont need to tell everyone that Im in some honor society to show my intelligence. I know Im smart and I could care less what I think. Which is why I think grades are a buncha crap. Look, the smartest man of the twentieth century, Albert Einstein, sucked in school! I dont suck but grades could matter less to me. Some bozo with no life gives me a C and tries to make me look like an idiot. Then he calls my parents and talks about how "your child is not applying himself" or "your child is an idiot" and I just look at him and laugh. I dont care if some old bald dude thinks Im smart or not. All I care about is whether I think Im smart...

I could get into the National Honor Society. Afterall, I am in the Intellectually Gifted Program (only because some hot chicks go there and it gets me outta study block). But I dont want to be in the National Honor Society. Its a waste of time. What the heck do they do anyways? Well whatever it is, they can keep it. I am completely self confident and I dont need to tell everyone that Im in some honor society to show my intelligence. I know Im smart and I could care less what I think. Which is why I think grades are a buncha crap. Look, the smartest man of the twentieth century, Albert Einstein, sucked in school! I dont suck but grades could matter less to me. Some bozo with no life gives me a C and tries to make me look like an idiot. Then he calls my parents and talks about how "your child is not applying himself" or "your child is an idiot" and I just look at him and laugh. I dont care if some old bald dude thinks Im smart or not. All I care about is whether I think Im smart...

So in other words, you ride the short bus to school?

. Look, the smartest man of the twentieth century, Albert Einstein, sucked in school! I dont suck but grades could matter less to me. Some bozo with no life gives me a C and tries to make me look like an idiot. Then he calls my parents and talks about how "your child is not applying himself" or "your child is an idiot" and I just look at him and laugh. I dont care if some old bald dude thinks Im smart or not. All I care about is whether I think Im smart...

I never did well in school over there either, but unlike you, I completely agree with a "bald nerd dude" in that I am not very smart.

I heard ACTs are easier than SAT, but it's the merciless time limit that trips most people up. Anythng above 27 is considered to be "very good".

Soxheads, when was Iowa State started?

APU, suck it motherf***er!!!

Chartered- 1858

First year of classes - 1868

Illinois State: Since 1857!!! We beatcha by a year. We are the REAL ISU!!!

Yeah, well the first electronic computer wa invented at Iowa State....beat that!

Soxheads, when was Iowa State started?

APU, suck it motherf***er!!!

Chartered- 1858

First year of classes - 1868

Illinois State: Since 1857!!! We beatcha by a year. We are the REAL ISU!!!

Yeah, well the first electronic computer wa invented at Iowa State....beat that!

Well Cal State Fullerton is going to win the College World Series this year so take that :headbang

In regards to honor classes, I laugh at honors classes. 4 years of high school, took one my freshman year and realized this crap blows. I don't want to waste my freaking time doing a bunch of bs work (Even though thats what all of high school is).

Just did enough to get into a college in high school and I always told myself once I got into college I'd apply myself. So far, so good. While I was a lazy ass throughout high school, I didn't burn myself out and I actually knew what it was like to have a good time :cheers .

Now I got no problem if someone is aspiring to go into Harvard or something like that, cause for that you got to work your absolute arse off from the get go. Since I'm trying for law I knew that you don't do that till after you finish your undergrad, therefor cheap for 4 years, then get reamed for 3 years.