3/27 vs Dodgers

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 27, 2017 -> 06:52 PM)
5-2 win

16-14-1

Can't have a losing Cactus League. Highlight of the year.

These guys have to be so ready to head north. It's been pretty hot down there already including quite a few days in the mid 90s just adding to the tedium of late spring training games. Some of these guys have been down there almost two months now.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 27, 2017 -> 06:00 PM)
These guys have to be so ready to head north. It's been pretty hot down there already including quite a few days in the mid 90s just adding to the tedium of late spring training games. Some of these guys have been down there almost two months now.

Spring Training is definitely too long. Start 2 weeks later and schedule extra split squad games.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 27, 2017 -> 07:05 PM)
Spring Training is definitely too long. Start 2 weeks later and schedule extra split squad games.

I'd just like to start the real season on April 1st or 2nd every year. This waiting until the 5th, 6th, 7th makes no sense. It's not like the weather improves very much one week to the next in early April.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 27, 2017 -> 06:05 PM)

It needs to be longer for pitchers, and I think it was longer yet this year for the WBC. What they should do is IMO give position players the option of going home for 5 days or a week at some point. You could stagger it a bit, maybe base it's length on service time.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2017 -> 07:16 PM)
It needs to be longer for pitchers, and I think it was longer yet this year for the WBC. What they should do is IMO give position players the option of going home for 5 days or a week at some point. You could stagger it a bit, maybe base it's length on service time.

Not sure about Arizona, but Spring Training is an economy boom in Florida. New/upgraded stadiums continue to pop-up. Lakeland pumped millions into the Tiger facilities. Braves look like they will head to Fla West Coast for a new stadium being proposed. Pirates have a beautiful stadium in Bradenton. But with the new facilities the prices for some games are more than regular season games in some cities. I paid $75 for second level box seats in Bradenton to see Red Sox.