Rays acquire Bourjos

Al Lopez's Ghost

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guy is posting on Twitter that it's done, fwiw, and it's so minor I can't see someone lying about it.

Adam Baird‏ @BastardlyAdam 4 minutes ago

@TBTimes_Rays @Ry_Bass deal is done.

Adam Baird‏ @BastardlyAdam 4 minutes ago

@TBTimes_Rays @Ry_Bass I just texted his sister. He flys tomorrow.

Hoping we can get Curt Casali for him. Redundant for the Rays now that they have Norris as well as Ramos and has mashed at stages in the minors and majors (also been awful at times and has consistently struck out a lot in the majors). Decent defensive rep too.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 27, 2017 -> 11:15 PM)
Liriano can't play CF. Leury is backup CF. Doesn't change much. Bench of: Sanchez, Leury, Soto, and Asche IMO.

Lol, the Sox will have the lightest hitting OF in the majors. Ha ha, Frazier will probably supply more power than all three starting outfielders.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 27, 2017 -> 11:17 PM)
Had no idea that Bourjos supported LaRoche

Maybe Bourjos is a Duck Dynasty fan too?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Mar 27, 2017 -> 11:26 PM)
Damn, wanted at least an A-ball for him. Cash trades are so strange to me. They seem to essentially just be favors.

It does seem that way. Teams frequently give career minor leaguers to each other but not so much major leaguers.

I would've cut him. The Sox weren't going to cut him. Yet they essentially give him away to Tampa. Why then was he around in the first place?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 28, 2017 -> 12:27 AM)
It does seem that way. Teams frequently give career minor leaguers to each other but not so much major leaguers.

I would've cut him. The Sox weren't going to cut him. Yet they essentially give him away to Tampa. Why then was he around in the first place?

So you would have cut him, but you are annoyed that the Sox traded him for cash considerations?

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 28, 2017 -> 12:27 AM)

They didn't know Jacon May would have a great spring? Doesn't hurt to have depth. You're just complaining to complain.