Fantasy Football Draft tracker

I tried creating one last year and it was so-so. A lot of guys didn't like that you had to scroll to see the entire board. I used the smallest possible font and formatted to fit as much into the screen at once but it still needed to be scrolled. We just ordered a draft board so it's too late to run with yours but I'd still like to see if you came up with a better idea. Can you shoot it over to me? Thanks!

marko358@gmail.com

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
I tried creating one last year and it was so-so. A lot of guys didn't like that you had to scroll to see the entire board. I used the smallest possible font and formatted to fit as much into the screen at once but it still needed to be scrolled. We just ordered a draft board so it's too late to run with yours but I'd still like to see if you came up with a better idea. Can you shoot it over to me? Thanks!

marko358@gmail.com

Yeah, I don't think you will ever see an entire board on a spreadsheet...it would be too small. The thing I really want to know is who has picked which positions and I have that tracking at the top. I find that pretty valuable in determining if I can wait an extra rd before making a pick. You can see almost 3 rounds at a time on this and if a player is picked twice it will highlight both names...I wanted to make it scream IDIOT at that point, but figured it was overkill.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 09:04 AM)
Yeah, I don't think you will ever see an entire board on a spreadsheet...it would be too small. The thing I really want to know is who has picked which positions and I have that tracking at the top. I find that pretty valuable in determining if I can wait an extra rd before making a pick. You can see almost 3 rounds at a time on this and if a player is picked twice it will highlight both names...I wanted to make it scream IDIOT at that point, but figured it was overkill.

Looked it over just now. Nice job!

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 09:11 AM)
CC - did you send this to all in the thread who've requested it?

I believe so. I sent it to you this morning.

oops one thing I noticed and it isn't a big deal, but I usually hide the row and column headers on the picks page. Tools - Options -View - Uncheck row and column headers.

Also, if you go to view full screen you will see more.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 09:28 AM)
I believe so. I sent it to you this morning.

oops one thing I noticed and it isn't a big deal, but I usually hide the row and column headers on the picks page. Tools - Options -View - Uncheck row and column headers.

Also, if you go to view full screen you will see more.

That's great! I just didn't give my email enough time to catch it coming in. Thank you for this!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 09:11 AM)
That's f***ing awesome. Thanks for sending it to me. I use excel a ton and consider myself extremely proficient but even I had a difficult time trying to follow all the formulas.

Great job

Thanks. I can't take all the credit though. I tweaked somebody else's sheet I found online a few years ago.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 07:04 AM)
The thing I really want to know is who has picked which positions and I have that tracking at the top. I find that pretty valuable in determining if I can wait an extra rd before making a pick.

This is probably the most important thing that you should know during a draft. I'm in two leagues, and I'd bet that half of the guys in each league don't pay attention to the other teams' rosters. Knowing what the other teams need allows you to skip players that you're sure will be available when the draft comes around to your next pick.

QUOTE (AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 07:48 AM)
OMG what am I going to do now that Favre and Vick are back in the NFL and aren't on the list?!!!?!? ;)

You can be smart and NOT draft them!! :)

If you do want to add them though, I have the players sheet protected, but there isn't a password on it. Just go to unprotect and add them in if you want.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)

If you do want to add them though, I have the players sheet protected, but there isn't a password on it. Just go to unprotect and add them in if you want.

It actually wasn't protected in the one you sent me. It's a multi-step process if you want to add players though. You need to go into the main page with the selection and unfreeze the panes, unhide the rows above and add the players there too.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
I have the updated sheet for 2010 and uploaded it here if anybody's interested.

Fantasy Football Draft 2010.xls

Tilted Kilt had a good draft deal if anyone is interested. 10 bucks a person. Everyone gets 2 drinks and they bring out 3 appetizer samplers and 4 big nacho plates with all the different sauces to dip in. They let me hook my laptop up to their tv and of course the scenery wasn't too bad.

All and all a good draft. FYI - I was at the Kilt in Woodridge.

QUOTE (AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 08:48 AM)
OMG what am I going to do now that Favre and Vick are back in the NFL and aren't on the list?!!!?!? ;)

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)

How'd that work out for you?

• 11 months later...

If anyone is interested. The viewer won't load these because I didn't convert to google docs. Just choose download and open in excel.

Fantasy Football Draft 2011 10 team 18 rd.xls - https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3xUoNbpvK...Q3&hl=en_US

Fantasy Football Draft 2011 10 team 16 rd.xls - https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3xUoNbpvK...Rm&hl=en_US

Fantasy Football Draft 2011 12 team 18 rd.xls - https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3xUoNbpvK...Ay&hl=en_US

Fantasy Football Draft 2011 12 team 16 rd.xls - https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3xUoNbpvK...Vh&hl=en_US

• 1 year later...

Link to current Fantasy Draft spreadsheets. You won't be able to preview, so just download and open in excel. You'll have to enable editing because I have a macro in there for a timer at the top.

There is a 10 team 16rd and a 12 team 16 rd.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3x...amp;usp=sharing