**ComeyMania! Thread**

Brian

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 08:00 AM)
I wonder if this will live up to the hype, but if it does, will the bigger show be Comey's testimony or Trump's live tweeting?

Is there still hype for this? It seems like everyone already knows what he is going to testify to. The temperature I get on this is that there isn't going to be any bombshell that comes out of it and Trump will come out miraculously unscathed as he always does.

I try to stay away from following this stuff too closely because it makes my blood boil and there is nothing I can do about it so maybe I have the wrong read on this.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 08:08 AM)
Is there still hype for this? It seems like everyone already knows what he is going to testify to. The temperature I get on this is that there isn't going to be any bombshell that comes out of it and Trump will come out miraculously unscathed as he always does.

I try to stay away from following this stuff too closely because it makes my blood boil and there is nothing I can do about it so maybe I have the wrong read on this.

It isn't going to happen overnight, and I don't think Comey's testimony will be Trump's undoing, but it will be a part. There is a lot of s*** going on. I think the guy's name is Richard Clarke, a former intel guy with 4 administrations. He was on yesterday, and they were asking him about the hookers and peeing dossier, and how the US intel could confirm it, and he went through what they would do, and at the end threw out a, from what I've been told, most of it has already been confirmed.

For a guy who is willing to throw just about anyone under a bus, it is weird Trump's exceptions are Putin and Flynn.

Edited by Dick Allen

At one point, Comey actually confirming that the memorializing was true that a sitting president was having private meetings with the FBI director to discuss a related investigation and telling him to let go an investigation into his friends was considered necessary by certain troubled GOP senators.

Now we know that if that is confirmed it's just a "snooze, already know that!"

Comey's introduction letter confirmed what has previously reported as well as clarifying why trumpw ould have said he was told 3 times he was not under investigation.

It does not mention the other 9 meetings. Some things will rely on questions, but we don't know if Mueller shut him down from discussing those.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 08:46 AM)
It isn't going to happen overnight, and I don't think Comey's testimony will be Trump's undoing, but it will be a part. There is a lot of s*** going on. I think the guy's name is Richard Clarke, a former intel guy with 4 administrations. He was on yesterday, and they were asking him about the hookers and peeing dossier, and how the US intel could confirm it, and he went through what they would do, and at the end threw out a, from what I've been told, most of it has already been confirmed.

For a guy who is willing to throw just about anyone under a bus, it is weird Trump's exceptions are Putin and Flynn.

Richard Clarke has become kind of a crank, so I'd take it with a grain of salt, but clearly the investigation into the meetings has been followed.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 09:00 AM)
Richard Clarke has become kind of a crank, so I'd take it with a grain of salt, but clearly the investigation into the meetings has been followed.

Yes, but this interview really wasn't much about his opinion. He went over how they confirm intel from outside sources, which seemed pretty standard. Admittedly, he did throw his opinion out on the British spy who got this intel, said he was highly respected, but if he was told what he claimed, that's really isn't him being dramatic just to be dramatic.

"Comey: “General Flynn at that time was in legal jeopardy” and Trump asking me to back off the probe was “disturbing”"

Probably as strongly worded as we will see, obstruction of justice will be a political question with a sitting president.

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/872823335184420864

"Comey just strooooooongly implied the Steele Dossier contained "credible allegations.""

This is one of those things that I can't figure out if Comey is willing to bend for now that he's not a sitting FBI director or is something COmey was always way too willing to do. Nice to have the info now, but seems imprudent.

This has been so much more brutal than I thought it would be. Opening with calling the President of the United States a liar under oath.

Also pretty ridiculous of Lynch to ask Comey to call the Clinton stuff a "matter" instead of an investigation.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)
Comey stated that he took the "I hope you see it through to let this go" as a direction that he did not take.

Reminder he was later fired for that.

"Do you think Russia investigation played a role in your firing by Trump?"

"Yes," Comey says, "because I've seen the president say so."

LOL It may not mean much in the world of impeachment but good lord is Comey making Trump look terrible.

Its a damn shame this guy isnt leading our FBI any longer. Am I the only one who is impressed by his note taking foresight to make sure he took notes that wouldnt be protected as classified later on if needed.

I dont understand why people would defend Trump because you are religious. He has nothing to do with that, and doesnt support it at all. Your religion should support you wanting truth and compassion from your president.