2015 White Sox Minor League Statistical Leaders - Relievers

NorthSideSox72

We already looked at hitters and starting pitchers. Here is the final look at the 2015 statistical leaders among White Sox minor leaguers - Relief Pitchers.

A 2015 draftee and a guy no one had thought about prior to this year lead the pack.

Relievers in the minors are a lower value, less predictable bunch in general. But some of them make their way up quickly and can add value to a major league pen. Who among these guys hold some interest for you?

many thanks for yours and all who labored at getting this done.

can you answer this, i still think the lion share of top prospects are the pitchers but when i see the pitchers category, i see the RP having more, imo top prospects.

how do you guys see it.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
many thanks for yours and all who labored at getting this done.

can you answer this, i still think the lion share of top prospects are the pitchers but when i see the pitchers category, i see the RP having more, imo top prospects.

how do you guys see it.

Relievers in general are not going to be top prospects, with some exceptions. Especially in the lower minors, their ceiling values are just very low. Of the names you saw in this article, leaving Stephens (who will be a starter next year probably) out, only a few of them are even in sniffing distance of the top 30 overall prospects. So there are certainly far more ranked starters.

That said, relievers can sometimes move more quickly and add their small value, sooner.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 10:39 PM)
Relievers in general are not going to be top prospects, with some exceptions. Especially in the lower minors, their ceiling values are just very low. Of the names you saw in this article, leaving Stephens (who will be a starter next year probably) out, only a few of them are even in sniffing distance of the top 30 overall prospects. So there are certainly far more ranked starters.

That said, relievers can sometimes move more quickly and add their small value, sooner.

dang, i didn't think of that.