Kiley McDaniel

fathom

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)
Congrats to him, must be a crazy feeling to cover something and then go into affect it.

To be fair, he had worked for teams in the past. I always got the impression that the writing was something to do until the next team came along. Not to say it wasn't high quality--it was really good and I enjoyed it a lot.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 12:58 AM)
Ugh, son of a b****. First Jason Parks, now Kiley McDaniel....now whose podcast am I going to listen to learn about prospects? His comprehensive list was so incredible, it's going to suck for Fangraphs to replace that kind of work he put in. I'm sure they won't.

Kevin Goldstein too.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
To be fair, he had worked for teams in the past. I always got the impression that the writing was something to do until the next team came along. Not to say it wasn't high quality--it was really good and I enjoyed it a lot.

Probably because of his name I always thought he was like 25.

Related... a bunch of previous Baseball Prospectus guys, including one of the former co-founders (Joe Hamrahi) are starting a new prospect-focused baseball site called 2080Baseball.com. Also seems to include CJ Witt (former BP), Nick Faleris (former BP), Tucker Blair (former BP), Jeff Moore (former BP) and Mike Ferrin (XM Radio). And they threw some subtle shade at BP along the way.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
Related... a bunch of previous Baseball Prospectus guys, including one of the former co-founders (Joe Hamrahi) are starting a new prospect-focused baseball site called 2080Baseball.com. Also seems to include CJ Witt (former BP), Nick Faleris (former BP), Tucker Blair (former BP), Jeff Moore (former BP) and Mike Ferrin (XM Radio). And they threw some subtle shade at BP along the way.

Clever domain name, but it looks weird.