Next Year's Starters

roto

My choices for next year's minor league starters are:

AAA: Fulmer, Montas, Beck, Marin, Jaye.

AA: Danish, Guerrero, Barnette, Brennan, R. Leyer

A: Clark, Erwin, Almonte, Adams, Lowry

Low A: Wheeler, Quintero, Quijada, Solórzano, Comito

Left out or moved on from: Heidenreich, Cose, Valerio, Banks, Einhardt.

Still have hope for: Peralta, Thompson, De La Cruz, Martinez, Easterling.

The Winston Salem rotation looks stacked.

QUOTE (Dubzinski rules @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)

I don't think Fulmer will start in Charlotte.

QUOTE (Dubzinski rules @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)

AAA- Fulmer, Montas, Beck, Jaye, and Heidenreich

AA- Danish, Brennan, Guerrero, Blackmar, and Dykstra (Leyer in the pen)

A+- Adams, Lowry, Almonte, Erwin, and Thompson/Wheeler

A- Martinez, Solarzano, Peralta, Banks, and Quintero

Start Fulmer in A+ Winston-Salem, honestly. Give him 2 or 3 starts to stretch out and gain a little confidence. Then get him up to Birmingham and let him ride out most of the year there, maybe give him a cup of coffee in AAA if he responds well. I wouldn't even consider Fulmer making the bigs until 2017, IMO.

QUOTE (Dubzinski rules @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)

Why are we moving on from Heidenreich? Didn't he have a pretty good year last year?

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 08:29 AM)
Ya, at best I see Fulmer starting in AA. Probably get 2-3 starts at high A, then move to AA. THAT rotation though.

I think Fulmer could see action in White Sox bullpen. The negative to that with Rodon was that you didn't want to waste any service time with a Boras client. I wouldn't rule out Fulmer signing a Sale/Q contract at some point so the service time issue isn't as big of a deal IMO.

Interesting topic. By the way, Einhardt was released I believe. My guesses...

AAA: Beck, Jaye, Heidenreich, Blackmar or AAAA, Drabek or AAAA

AA: Fulmer, Danish, Guerrero, Clark, Dykstra (that is a NICE rotation)

A+: Erwin, Almonte, Adams, Lowry, Thompson, Stephens (another nice rotation - though the first three aren't likely to stay there all season), which is six but I think piggyback Erwin and Stephens maybe

A: LMartinez, Quintero, Solórzano, Easterling, Frebis (hard to say, this could be a very good or very bad group or anywhere between)

Rk: Acosta, Magallones, Done, ASanchez, Comito plus filler and, later, draft picks (plus a LatAm guy or two we're not thinking of yet)

Previous starters to bullpen (Some were already moved): Montas (AAA) if not on Sox, Marin (AAA), Barnette (AAA), RLeyer (AA), Wheeler (AA), Cose (AA), Brennan (AA), Trexler (A+), Ball (A), Banks (A or A+)

Left out, maybe pen, maybe gone: Bucciferro, Peralta

Will join later: Hickman, Fry

The above also assumes EJohnson is pitching for the White Sox, and Scotty Carroll is either with the Sox or found another gig.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
Interesting topic. By the way, Einhardt was released I believe. My guesses...

AAA: Beck, Jaye, Heidenreich, Blackmar or AAAA, Drabek or AAAA

AA: Fulmer, Danish, Guerrero, Clark, Dykstra (that is a NICE rotation)

A+: Erwin, Almonte, Adams, Lowry, Thompson, Stephens (another nice rotation - though the first three aren't likely to stay there all season), which is six but I think piggyback Erwin and Stephens maybe

A: LMartinez, Quintero, Solórzano, Easterling, Frebis (hard to say, this could be a very good or very bad group or anywhere between)

Rk: Acosta, Magallones, Done, ASanchez, Comito plus filler and, later, draft picks (plus a LatAm guy or two we're not thinking of yet)

Previous starters to bullpen (Some were already moved): Montas (AAA) if not on Sox, Marin (AAA), Barnette (AAA), RLeyer (AA), Wheeler (AA), Cose (AA), Brennan (AA), Trexler (A+), Ball (A), Banks (A or A+)

Left out, maybe pen, maybe gone: Bucciferro, Peralta

Will join later: Hickman, Fry

The above also assumes EJohnson is pitching for the White Sox, and Scotty Carroll is either with the Sox or found another gig.

Interesting, you think they prefer Stephens in the rotation instead of out of the pen?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
He was a starter in college. There's no reason not to have him start until he can't.

Agreed.

This is also why I don't understand why people want to convert Montas into a reliever at this point. Maybe he'll end up being a good starter. Who knows unless you give him a chance?

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 05:37 PM)
Interesting, you think they prefer Stephens in the rotation instead of out of the pen?

there is really nothing wrong on the rotation schedule, it will strengthen him, build up endurance, so he will have a good chance of making it. now if at the higher level let them decide then or if he can't develop his other secondaries pitches.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 06:30 PM)
Agreed.

This is also why I don't understand why people want to convert Montas into a reliever at this point. Maybe he'll end up being a good starter. Who knows unless you give him a chance?

it is converting him when he is in the bigs. until then let him have the reps of a starter.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)
Alvarez and Engel are the most exciting fringe-prospects we have in my mind. I can not wait to see their 2016 campaigns.

Typically when a player really tears it up in the AFL they become more than fringe-prospect, will be interesting to see if Engel becomes much more highly rated. I recall about 4-5 years ago when Tyler Flowers just tore it up for the Braves in this league and shot up the ranking big time.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
Typically when a player really tears it up in the AFL they become more than fringe-prospect, will be interesting to see if Engel becomes much more highly rated. I recall about 4-5 years ago when Tyler Flowers just tore it up for the Braves in this league and shot up the ranking big time.

i agree, that was why last week or before i made a post of where did all this success came from, but what the hay, i don't want to jinx the man. i truly do hope he takes this success and really do well next season.

btw.... i am pissed. on milb.com they did the best of AFL for the league. no Engel....