7/17 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 06:06 PM)
If the Sox really saw a simple fix and this is the result, dear lord.

That's basically getting the #1 pick in the second round.

Yep. I am going to temper my extreme excitement that a fix really was that immediate and easy, and instead worry that he is just dominating inferior levels... But a 1-1 pick level Hansen would be the Sox best draft pick since stealing and turning Chris Sale into front line starter.

I really hope they try converting Burdi into a starter next year. We should do everything in our power to develop him and Hansen into front-line starters. I don't mind if that means taking it a bit slower with them. Do whatever it takes to harness their incredible potential.

Also, glad to see they called up Call to full season ball. Hopefully Fisher moves up to Kannapolis as well once he's recovered from his injury. These guys should move pretty fast with starting assignments in high A next year.

That's very encouraging for Hansen so far. Man I hope we hit a home run.

Collins is going to be a boss. An OBP machine. Watching the progress of these kids is definitely distracting me from the big league club.

If they don't move Sale or Q, by 2018 we could have a lot of talent on the pitching staff on the big league level with Sale, Q, Rodon, Fulmer, Burdi, Adams, Hansen, etc.

Edited by SouthSideSale

This was such a good draft. We need the next couple to be like this was, but I'm really high on Collins call and fisher. Hansen is a lotto ticket still but it looks like maybe we saw something we could correct. Burdi is a bit of a mystery to me - if he throws 102, why do guys hit him ? Even if it's straight, a guy throwing 100 shouldn't have a 3.30 era in college and a 7.20 Era in the mid minors (I know it's mini sample size tho)

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
This was such a good draft. We need the next couple to be like this was, but I'm really high on Collins call and fisher. Hansen is a lotto ticket still but it looks like maybe we saw something we could correct. Burdi is a bit of a mystery to me - if he throws 102, why do guys hit him ? Even if it's straight, a guy throwing 100 shouldn't have a 3.30 era in college and a 7.20 Era in the mid minors (I know it's mini sample size tho)

Half of the runs he has allowed in the minors were in his disaster of a AA debut. Since then he has allowed 1 ER in 4.2 IP, with 3H, 1BB and 9K.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
Yep. I am going to temper my extreme excitement that a fix really was that immediate and easy, and instead worry that he is just dominating inferior levels... But a 1-1 pick level Hansen would be the Sox best draft pick since stealing and turning Chris Sale into front line starter.

This is the right mindset. I've been burned by way too many White Sox prospects who had great Rookie ball numbers and then struggle once they hit A, AA and AAA ball. But it's encouraging to see. Clearly better than the alternative.