Delmonico overcame adderall addiction

southsider2k5

Finally read this story. We hear "the bad" when it comes to sox lack of turnover and excessive loyalty, and those concerns are warranted, but I can't help but feel like here is "the good". The sox signing him, giving him the time off he needed, but also Tommy Thompson visiting him and giving care to basically a minor league free agent...that's nice to see and hear from the organization you give money to.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 04:10 PM)
Finally read this story. We hear "the bad" when it comes to sox lack of turnover and excessive loyalty, and those concerns are warranted, but I can't help but feel like here is "the good". The sox signing him, giving him the time off he needed, but also Tommy Thompson visiting him and giving care to basically a minor league free agent...that's nice to see and hear from the organization you give money to.

This is the upside of the "loyalty" tag for the White Sox. I think more than anything they really do care about the people who work for them.

Believe me, I know how that goes... it's hard to break from adderall/vyvanse, makes you feel like a superhuman. Definitely understand his pain and respect him for stopping. You're better without it! Definitely feels better without it, your overall mood. Have to respect the Sox not just valuing these players as just employees, but treating them like human beings. & caring for their emotions.

Edited by Soxnfins

Kind of odd how bad it got. Went from "lost my edge without it and felt dreadful" to "I gotta go to rehab" really quick. I've taken prescription amphetamines since I was in my early 20s and it would suck to get used to not using them again and would probably affect my ability to keep my job. But I don't know what I'd get out of rehab because I'd either have the stuff or I wouldn't. But, of course, I'm not addicted—the drugs are treating an illness, of course I should feel badly without them even after the withdrawal fades.

With that said, good for him to deal with whatever happened and get back to baseball. I always wondered what caused him to leave the Brewers like that.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
Kind of odd how bad it got. Went from "lost my edge without it and felt dreadful" to "I gotta go to rehab" really quick. I've taken prescription amphetamines since I was in my early 20s and it would suck to get used to not using them again and would probably affect my ability to keep my job. But I don't know what I'd get out of rehab because I'd either have the stuff or I wouldn't. But, of course, I'm not addicted—the drugs are treating an illness, of course I should feel badly without them even after the withdrawal fades.

With that said, good for him to deal with whatever happened and get back to baseball. I always wondelred what caused him to leave the Brewers like that.

Ur addicted bud, trust me.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 06:28 PM)
Ur addicted bud, trust me.

I have ADHD and I'm prescribed Adderall too. I don't think you're in a position to be making judgements about people like that. People with ADHD often need stimulant medications just to function at the same level as everyone else, and sometimes even that doesn't work.

David Haugh kind of glossed over the issue in his story. He said that he asked for and received his release while that isn't technically true. He asked for his release and then went AWOL. Hostetler was on the radio last week and said that Nick Capra and Buddy Bell gave Delmonico his last chance. He made it sound like other teams likely weren't going to give him a chance because he left the Brewers in the fashion that he did. Credit to Delmonico for working through his issues and credit to Bell and Capra for taking the chance on a guy with some upside.