ALCS: Yankees vs. Astros

LittleHurt05

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an incredibly tough time deciding who to cheer for. Never have liked the Yanks so my natural inclination was to pull for Houston. But, I really like that this Yankee team is built vastly different from the Yanks of old that spent there way into the playoffs through numerous high priced big name free agents. Plus, Todd Frazier is such a good guy and the rest of the Yankees are quite likeable.

Go Yanks. :ph34r:

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 04:55 PM)
Ex White Sox continue to produce for the Yankees this postseason. Robertson, Kahnle, and Frazier all look great.

Hopefully the Sox got fair value in that trade. Since no cash was involved, Frazier's deal was up at the end of the year and the goal was to tank, I think it was. But it depends on the return's performance.

QUOTE (New Era on South Side @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 05:48 PM)
Hopefully the Sox got fair value in that trade. Since no cash was involved, Frazier's deal was up at the end of the year and the goal was to tank, I think it was. But it depends on the return's performance.

We still ended up paying Tyler Clippard over a million for his services, so some cash there. This trade looked bad then and it looks terrible now if we're being honest.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 06:20 PM)
Astros are a very, very good baseball team.

So glad we're rebuilding in their mold. We would have to be very fortunate to have the players develop the way Houston has succeeded, but it feels so much better to have a direction similar to teams that have achieved success.