Sox might have resigned Freddy

maggsmaggs

This is according to Newsday:

Neither the Yankees nor the Mets were able to acquire Freddy Garcia for this season. Now Garcia is off the market for the foreseeable future. The righthander, who could have become a free agent this winter, has signed a three-year, $27-million extension with the White Sox, according to two sources familiar with the situation. Garcia is 5-7 with a 3.35 ERA. The deal will be announced today. - Ken Davidoff

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-...ny-sports-print

**But remember when Akron-Beacon Journal said we had signed Sidney Ponson for 3 years-$27 million. Let's hope this one is true.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea.. great news. I bet Maggs is thrilled that they were so quick to work things out with Garcia...  :rolleyes:

Maybe Maggs should take a page from Garcia's book. That's how you get a contract, you negotiate with your team, and accept realistic deals. Unless of course he has decided to leave already, which appears to be the case. I'm fine with signing the guy who wants to be here, especially a real good pitcher.

Maybe Maggs should take a page from Garcia's book. That's how you get a contract, you negotiate with your team, and accept realistic deals. Unless of course he has decided to leave already, which appears to be the case. I'm fine with signing the guy who wants to be here, especially a real good pitcher.

It takes 2 to Tango, and that's all I have to say about that. ;)

It takes 2 to Tango, and that's all I have to say about that. ;)

You're right it does, but it appears Maggs is the one not tangoing. He has an offer on the table, a good offer, but he wants to move on. That's fine, I'm not mad about it. However, it makes me not give a s*** how he feels about Garcia being signed. ;)

I am glad to see we have Garcia locked up. It has been obvious for a while that we are not going to resign Maggs unless something crazy happens ( winning a WS) so I have no problem with the team making alternative arrangements. At least this means they are still trying to field a competitive team, and not pocketing the money.

So you're saying that the spinmasters at 35th street are working, Steff?

Nothing that deep.. :lol:

Just a reaction from reading a few of the pissing contests over the weekend. I just found some humor twisted in a couple of the comments.

:lolhitting

That's weird, cos I found this on him. If he has, that's great news though.

Peter Greenberg, agent for White Sox RHP Freddy Garcia, a potential free agent, says his client is in no hurry to sign a contract extension with his new club. "We're playing it by ear," Greenberg says. "Freddy wants to wait a little while at least to make sure he's comfortable." The White Sox need to sign Garcia after acquiring him for a steep price — C Miguel Olivo, Class AAA CF Jeremy Reed and Class AA IF Michael Morse. . . .

That's weird, cos I found this on him. If he has, that's great news though.

Peter Greenberg, agent for White Sox RHP Freddy Garcia, a potential free agent, says his client is in no hurry to sign a contract extension with his new club. "We're playing it by ear," Greenberg says. "Freddy wants to wait a little while at least to make sure he's comfortable." The White Sox need to sign Garcia after acquiring him for a steep price — C Miguel Olivo, Class AAA CF Jeremy Reed and Class AA IF Michael Morse. . . .

Well I guess he feels comfortable already. Our team seems like a bunch of fun guys this year. A lot of latin players should make him feel more comfortable. Not to mention his best friend Ozzie Guillen.