Dayn Perry Chat next Monday

Heads22

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
Like why he hates Scotty so much...

Remember when we did a similiar thing with Rob Neyer. He stated some of the reasons he didnt like the sox, like the uniforms and the park. The funny thing was that he was responding to our emails. :bang I think he was actually invited to come over here for some debate however declined.

Remember when we did a similiar thing with Rob Neyer.  He stated some of the reasons he didnt like the sox, like the uniforms and the park.  The funny thing was that he was responding to our emails.  :bang I think he was actually invited to come over here for some debate however declined.

My favorite Rob Neyer memory was how he wrote an article about Dye being one of the best bargain free agents available last offseason. A month or so later he wrote a preview of the Sox and all their new additions and didn't even know that the Sox had signed Dye.

Dayn, you said it would be better for the White Sox to trade Podsednik instead of Rowand to the Phillies for Jim Thome. Why would Philly want want Scott if he sucks so much, and who would become the leadoff hitter for the White Sox if they traded away Podsednik?

Edited by santo=dorf

Perry is a bleeping idiot and I won't defend him. However:

Well remember speed guys like Pods are the bane of SABR metric fans everywhere. I mean everytime Pods gets caught stealing, they are writing a formula based on wasted outs.

That raises my ire a bit. CS is a wasted out, and a SB doesn't bring up the expected runs that much. However, a guy that is successful at stealing more than 75% is generaly considered an asset by the SABR community. Until his injury, PODS was over that mark.

SABR guys don't like PODS because he plays a position low on the defensive spectrum and hits for a crap OPS, not because he steals bases.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
Perry is a bleeping idiot and I won't defend him.  However:

That raises my ire a bit.  CS is a wasted out, and a SB doesn't bring up the expected runs that much. However, a guy that is successful at stealing more than 75% is generaly considered an asset by the SABR community.  Until his injury, PODS was over that mark.

SABR guys don't like PODS because he plays a position low on the defensive spectrum and hits for a crap OPS, not because he steals bases.

Of course, what they also have to take into consideration is how good the team is pitching wise and defensively - both resulting in a need of fewer runs to win. They also have to consider whether Podsednik's crap OPS is made up for by a respectable OPS elsewhere in a weaker position(Iguchi and Pierzynski come to mind, though Pierzysnki did have the worst year of his career last year offensively). Both of those, in my mind, have to even out Podsednik's below average OPS.

Could Aaron Rowand be a leadoff hitter if he was still in Chicago?

Why the White Sox's offense will be due for a regression in 2006?

Why the Yankess will win the World Series with their "deep rotation".

Just some of the doozies you could ask him. ;)