If you could play for 3 teams...

soxfan49

With all things being considered, what 3 teams would you most want and least want to play for?

3 top teams I'd want to play for:

1) Sox- hometown team, favorite team

2) Angels- great weather, always competitive

3) Red Sox- love Fenway, love the tradition, always competitive

3 top teams I wouldn't want to play for:

1) Indians- for the most part not competitive anymore & thus no fan base, horrible city

2) Rays- no fan base, bad stadium, no more Maddon

3) Braves- no fan base, way too hot in the summer

Teams I would love to play for...

1- White Sox- no explanation necessary

2- Rockies- love the ball park, the scenery and Colorado is eventually where the lady and I are moving to.

3- Diamondbacks- again; love the ball park, the weather, my step son is down there and the big unit.

Teams I would never play for ...

1- Cubs- I could go on and on....

2- Yankees- clean cut is not my style, no desire to live in NY or the east coast.

3- Tigers- I can sum up Detroit in one word - s***hole.

Had a hard time deciding between the Red Sux and Tigers but went with the division rival.

Edited by StRoostifer

You guys are crazy if you wouldn't play for the cubs. I know we all hate them, but you'd still be living in Chicago surrounded by family and friends who can attend whenever they want even if it's on the wrong side of town.

Unless you're from out of town. That would make sense.

Any of us fortunate enough to have a job in MLB, with the Cubs, or any team would be happy to do so.

If getting drafted by the Cubs, maybe there is initial "but damn I am a Sox fan", which then goes away seeing what you are being paid, and if you are good enough, given the opportunity to try and bring a championship to a franchise sorely lacking in championships. And if you manage to bring one to the Cubs, the fanfare, among other things, would be tremendous.

Top 3

White Sox

Yankees

Cubs

Bottom 3

Marlins

Athletics

Tigers

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 12:57 AM)
You guys are crazy if you wouldn't play for the cubs. I know we all hate them, but you'd still be living in Chicago surrounded by family and friends who can attend whenever they want even if it's on the wrong side of town.

If I was a player and drafted by the Cubs, I'd bolt as soon as possible.

Top 3.....

1) White Sox - Obviously

2) Diamondbacks - Arizona is my dream destination, plus the ball park is nice

3) Padres - Oh hey, perfect weather

Bottom 3.....

30) Red Sox - Vehemently hate them, and all Boston sports really

29) Tigers - Can't see being a rival to my favorite team

28) Cubs - Don't hate the Cubs, just can't see myself playing for a rival

Sox, Marlins and A's. I have a soft spot for the Marlins because they actually scouted me and a couple others in my high school days. (They drafted my good buddy Andy Loomis a few years ago) As far as least likely... Tigers, Red Sox, Yankees. I would b**** and moan about playing for the Cubs, but I'd eventually get over it cause of the hometown factor and seeing myself squeezing every penny I can from that org. :D (no hometown discount)

1. Cardinals - Always compete for the playoffs, new stadium, crazy baseball fan base.

2. Giants - Winning franchise, awesome part of the country, amazing park.

3. Yankees - Crazy tradition, huge fan base, lotsa cash for you if you succeed.

1. Cubs - Ancient stadium, cold Aprils and Octobers, no post season.

2. A's - Cheap ownership, fickle fans, bad stadium.

3. Blue Jays - Ugly stadium, Tough to make post season, have to live outside of the U.S.A.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 12:57 AM)

So you drop by and let people know they are crazy and do not even post what teams you would and would not play for? Riiiiiiiight....

I think in like 99% of the cases, that's true. There are some where guys are going to get huge, mega contracts where they do take a home town discount. Jered Weaver is the one that comes to mind right away. He re-signed with LAA for like 5/$90 and people asked him why he didn't test free agency where he could have gotten like $120+ million and he just said "I'm happy here and that's more money then I'll ever need, so why would I turn it down?" Not that they need my respect, but my admiration grew for Weaver the same amount as the Grinch's heart grew too.

Anyways, yes, I'd take whoever offered me the most money.

OK, I'm going to think like a player and not like a fan.

The Cubs would be #2 after the Sox for the reason that I like Chicago that much more than any other major league city.

I'm not going to list a single #3, but if I can't live in Chicago, my next tier of choices would be Cincinnati, St. Louis, Denver and Milwaukee

Cities I really want no part of are Seattle, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami, Tampa

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
  1. High Bidder #1
  2. High Bidder #2
  3. High Bidder #3

1. High Bidder #28
  2. High Bidder #29
  3. High Bidder #30

And if he'd agree, Boras is my agent.

pretty much plus I'll have to check into the state income tax for each location.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
pretty much plus I'll have to check into the state income tax for each location.

I would also prefer deferred money. Build a better team around me when I'm playing then who cares after I'm gone. Plus there will be more money for me to spend after I'm retired. yeah, I'm playing for #1. Y'all can pawn your WS ring when your broke ass has nothing left. I'm going grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
OK, I'm going to think like a player and not like a fan.

The Cubs would be #2 after the Sox for the reason that I like Chicago that much more than any other major league city.

I'm not going to list a single #3, but if I can't live in Chicago, my next tier of choices would be Cincinnati, St. Louis, Denver and Milwaukee

Cities I really want no part of are Seattle, Boston, Philadelphia, Miami, Tampa

Miami, Boston and Seattle are great cities. Do you list them for other reasons?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)
1. Cardinals - Always compete for the playoffs, new stadium, crazy baseball fan base.

2. Giants - Winning franchise, awesome part of the country, amazing park.

3. Yankees - Crazy tradition, huge fan base, lotsa cash for you if you succeed.

1. Cubs - Ancient stadium, cold Aprils and Octobers, no post season.

2. A's - Cheap ownership, fickle fans, bad stadium.

3. Blue Jays - Ugly stadium, Tough to make post season, have to live outside of the U.S.A.

I've been to Rogers Centre. It's not so bad. The Canadian people are the nicest kind you'll come across. The money exchange sucks though and you're right about the tough to make the playoffs thing.

St Louis is great... but the city is horrible. No thanks.