Timeless Ticket

Dick Allen

Anyone see this? The Brewers are selling 1000 "Timeless" tickets for $1000 each. It comes with some sort of placque, plus 9 tickets good for any regular season game besides opening day, plus a ticket to any game you want, which could be a Tuesday night battle with the Padres or the 7th game of the WS,with the opportunity to purchase 3 more at face value. Seems a little expensive to me, but if you think the Brewers are World Series bound for the rest of your lifetime, it may make some sense. I wonder how much time in advance you have to make your selection.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
Anyone see this? The Brewers are selling 1000 "Timeless" tickets for $1000 each. It comes with some sort of placque, plus 9 tickets good for any regular season game besides opening day, plus a ticket to any game you want, which could be a Tuesday night battle with the Padres or the 7th game of the WS,with the opportunity to purchase 3 more at face value. Seems a little expensive to me, but if you think the Brewers are World Series bound for the rest of your lifetime, it may make some sense. I wonder how much time in advance you have to make your selection.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12167650...er-less-tickets

Schlesinger said the team has sold 240 timeless tickets so far, which he is pleased with given that, until this week, it was just a soft launch.

When fans want to redeem their timeless tickets, they have to notify the box office as soon as they know.

"I can't promise that we'd be able to accommodate a person who calls up on the morning of Game 7 of a World Series, but we'll try."

Imagine buying one of these and missing out on a WS game 7. That's really the only reason you'd get this, for a clinch game or game 7 of WS

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12167650...er-less-tickets

Imagine buying one of these and missing out on a WS game 7. That's really the only reason you'd get this, for a clinch game or game 7 of WS

Yeah, I would imagine you would have to say that you'd have to add a caveat that as long as ticket are available you can have your ticket.

As a diehard Sox fan, I'd absolutely buy it if Sox offered something. I'd know I could go to critical playoff games, etc, without worrying and figure you could pass it down to your family if your team doesn't make it enough times in your lifetime. It even works for road games, etc. And with all the "team" tickets that exist, I presume the Brewers know with just 1000 of these floating out there, that they can accommodate the noise during potential playoff games.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 09:05 AM)
I would assume before the team put the tickets on sale, they would notify these folks t oredeem.

Jason how is this properly accounted for that is question. What is the FMV of a 2050 game 7 world series ticket.

The Brewers wouldn't recognize any revenue until people utilize the tickets. MRev rec would be prorated at the $100 / ticket charge and you'd apply a 100 / ticket cost and each time the ticket is used you'd recognize that 100). Until than you'd have a liability for unearned revenue on your B/S of 1000 and the cash as the asset for 1000. In theory, you could potentially argue for a day 1 recognition if you had a good basis for what part of a gift card won't be used (but with 1000 tickets and no previous experience, I think the Brewers would have a hard time justifying that).

However, all of it is really a moot point cause it likely wouldn't be overly material to their financials anyway (and that is even if they issue GAAP financials as they might not).