What to do with Todd

ron883

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ron883 @ May 10, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)
Nicky D is knocking on the door, and matt Davidson needs ABs. What we do to move Todd? Keep playing him for trade value?

That's my stance. It's really a shame he hasn't hit at all. You gotta play him and hope he gets hot at the right time. If he doesn't get hot, and you can't trade him for anything, then as the deadline passes I bench him all but 1-2 games a week and let the kids play as rosters expand.

QUOTE (ron883 @ May 10, 2017 -> 10:43 AM)
Nicky D is knocking on the door, and matt Davidson needs ABs. What we do to move Todd? Keep playing him for trade value?

His numbers are DFA-worthy. Maybe they shouldn't play him until June. Is it safe to say that pitchers have figured him out?

The thing with Todd is 1. Had has people behind him who can take over. Jose, while nothing special when you account for his defense, has nobody knocking on his door. 2. Todd doesn't have the weird cult following that Jose does. jose could bat .200 for the season and youd have people here defending how great he is.

QUOTE (ron883 @ May 10, 2017 -> 10:09 AM)
The thing with Todd is 1. Had has people behind him who can take over. Jose, while nothing special when you account for his defense, has nobody knocking on his door. 2. Todd doesn't have the weird cult following that Jose does. jose could bat .200 for the season and youd have people here defending how great he is.

lol, salty much? The reason Abreu gets slack around here is because he has a history of being a productive hitter who bounces back from long slumps. Glad to see you have moved on to your next target though, hopefully this has the same results for Frazier.

Literally the same guys you mention for Frazier, Jose is playing a spot they can play. If they trade Todd and dfa Asche, you can slide Jose into the DH spot and play Delmonico and Davidson at either corner.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 10, 2017 -> 10:25 AM)
Literally the same guys you mention for Frazier, Jose is playing a spot they can play. If they trade Todd and dfa Asche, you can slide Jose into the DH spot and play Delmonico and Davidson at either corner.

Davidson has already started his slide back to normalcy going 2 of his last 26, 8K, 4BB

You do realize that only about 100 players in the entire history of major league baseball have a career OPS above .873, right?

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 10, 2017 -> 10:52 AM)
You do realize that only about 100 players in the entire history of major league baseball have a career OPS above .873, right?

That's some good cherry picking. Jose has been in the league from ages 27-30. Those are pretty prime years. I doubt it's all that impressive when you compare OPS from the ages of 27 to 30.

QUOTE (ron883 @ May 10, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
That's some good cherry picking. Jose has been in the league from ages 27-30. Those are pretty prime years. I doubt it's all that impressive when you compare OPS from the ages of 27 to 30.

He's having a good year on top of a great second half. I'm not really all too sure what else he should be doing to satisfy your ludicrous expectations.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 10, 2017 -> 11:52 AM)
Honestly this isn't an awful idea. See if you can work out a trade and if nobody picks him up he's just back on the club like nothing happened in a couple weeks :lol:

It is an awful idea. If the Sox wanted to GIVE Frazier away for nothing, they'd be able to.

QUOTE (ron883 @ May 10, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)

If I'm using basebell reference correctly, there are 104 players with a career OPS of .873 or greater. http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-ind...umber_matched=1

If you change that to only the period from age 27 to 30, that number increases to 183 players. http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-ind...umber_matched=1

I'm not a subscriber so I can't see the full list, just the total.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 10, 2017 -> 11:52 AM)
It is an awful idea. If the Sox wanted to GIVE Frazier away for nothing, they'd be able to.

Eh, if you assume there are multiple clubs interested, then the Sox will be able to make a trade. I mean what's the downside risk? You lose a shot at a C+ prospect in July? The upside is you get the same prospect, maybe you gotta throw in some cash, but you clear a roster spot for Delmonico and Davidson, two guys who will actually be around for the next good Sox team.

QUOTE (ron883 @ May 10, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
Count on the mods to derail a thread. Keep up the good work boys.

It's a message board, threads get derailed, get used to it.

What the White Sox are going to do with Todd Frazier is keep playing him. Do you want me to lock this thread now since the discussion has reached its conclusion?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 10, 2017 -> 11:56 AM)
Eh, if you assume there are multiple clubs interested, then the Sox will be able to make a trade. I mean what's the downside risk? You lose a shot at a C+ prospect in July? The upside is you get the same prospect, maybe you gotta throw in some cash, but you clear a roster spot for Delmonico and Davidson, two guys who will actually be around for the next good Sox team.

The Delmonico of a couple of years ago is the exact kind of prospect the Sox will be targeting in a Frazier deal.