FutureSox Top 30 Prospects Teaser - 16-30 list

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 08:31 AM)
Expected to see Call/Fisher in this list, I guess they maintained your interest even as the system beefed up.

Quite a fall for Micker. Really hope he can stay healthy and have a season here.

I think if guys like Call and Curbelo are top 15 prospects, then this system probably isn't as good as people think it is. It's very top heavy. The next 2 years are very important.

I'll take a stab at the top 15

1. Yoan Moncada

2. Lucas Giolito

3. Michael Kopech

4. Reynaldo Lopez

5. Zach Collins

6. Carson Fulmer

7. Alec Hansen

8. Zach Burdi

9. Luis Alexander Basabe

10. Dane Dunning

11. Spencer Adams

12. Jameson Fisher

13. Jordan Stephens

14. Alex Call

15. Luis Curbelo

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 08:31 AM)
Expected to see Call/Fisher in this list, I guess they maintained your interest even as the system beefed up.

Quite a fall for Micker. Really hope he can stay healthy and have a season here.

The 2016 draft is looking very good. And that's not just me or FS saying it, that's the consensus across the industry. Call and Fisher both have a lot of potential, in addition obviously to Collins, Hansen and Burdi, and others as well.

Adolfo should have made bigger strides this year and didn't. Some of that was injuries, but that's becoming a recurring theme too.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 08:46 AM)
I think if guys like Call and Curbelo are top 15 prospects, then this system probably isn't as good as people think it is. It's very top heavy. The next 2 years are very important.

Agreed. Which is why I don't think it is too crazy that some analysts may rank us closer in the 10-15 range. Sox have definitely improved their system though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 08:46 AM)

Curbelo's ceiling keeps him high while Call's production in CF keeps him. You're not going to find world beaters in any systems 15 range, but both of them have the ability to shoot up.

I'll talk about the top 15 when FS releases the top 15.

As for this list, I dont know I like a lot of the names here. Michalczewski is still only going to be 22 when the season starts and yea he's struggled lately but there was legitimate reason to be excited about him and he hasn't completely drowned despite being pushed through the org very aggressively. I think we could be pleasantly surprised by what he can do with a full year to catch his breath and repeat at Birmingham.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 11:40 AM)
I'll talk about the top 15 when FS releases the top 15.

As for this list, I dont know I like a lot of the names here. Michalczewski is still only going to be 22 when the season starts and yea he's struggled lately but there was legitimate reason to be excited about him and he hasn't completely drowned despite being pushed through the org very aggressively. I think we could be pleasantly surprised by what he can do with a full year to catch his breath and repeat at Birmingham.

This season is make or break for Michalczewski, as he really needs to show something or else he will be written off as a prospect

I doubt he ever pans out as he has not displayed a decent enough hit tool to have much value

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 11:46 AM)

Yes thank you I found it , figuring it would be on FS. But wasn't there supposed to be a thread on it here with a link to the article so we could discuss it here on Soxtalk lile there was for the 16-30 prospects ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 02:06 PM)
Yes thank you I found it , figuring it would be on FS. But wasn't there supposed to be a thread on it here with a link to the article so we could discuss it here on Soxtalk lile there was for the 16-30 prospects ?

It was in PHT, just like the others. But the main final list was never migrated back to the FS area, it's still in PHT.