Pitching Question

winninguglyin83

Does anybody else find it strange that Rodon is the fifth starter out of the break?

I know he's coming back from injury. But if he's ready to go why would you make him your fifth starter after the break? I believe know he pitched on the weekend of the Colorado series (Sunday, I believe), but why make him sit 10 days between starts and send chum like Shields, Pelfrey and Holland out there first?

Time for Rodon to step forward and not be babied.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 03:57 PM)
Does anybody else find it strange that Rodon is the fifth starter out of the break?

I know he's coming back from injury. But if he's ready to go why would you make him your fifth starter after the break? I believe know he pitched on the weekend of the Colorado series (Sunday, I believe), but why make him sit 10 days between starts and send chum like Shields, Pelfrey and Holland out there first?

Time for Rodon to step forward and not be babied.

Limit his innings and tank for a top three draft pick next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 04:13 PM)
His inning have already been limited by being on the shelf for 3 months.

Given the mystery surrounding his injury, I'd think the Sox want to be very careful with him for the rest of this season if for no other reason then to protect his future trade value (given who his agent is and that he'll be taking him to free agency...)

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 06:35 PM)
Given the mystery surrounding his injury, I'd think the Sox want to be very careful with him for the rest of this season if for no other reason then to protect his future trade value (given who his agent is and that he'll be taking him to free agency...)

If he pitches 75 innings this year and 100 innings next year then I'm not trading jack for him.

The White Sox want to trade James Shields, Derek Holland, Mike Pelfrey, and Miguel Gonzalez. They do not want to trade Carlos Rodon. They would trade Rodon if the correct offer came, but it won't. Assuming my math is correct, by setting up the rotation the way they did, other teams have 3 games to see the first 4 pitchers. They have 2 games to see Rodon.

It's that simple.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 01:14 AM)
The White Sox want to trade James Shields, Derek Holland, Mike Pelfrey, and Miguel Gonzalez. They do not want to trade Carlos Rodon. They would trade Rodon if the correct offer came, but it won't. Assuming my math is correct, by setting up the rotation the way they did, other teams have 3 games to see the first 4 pitchers. They have 2 games to see Rodon.

It's that simple.

I like the attempt but I highly doubt CWS is able to move any of those first 4

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:44 PM)
If he pitches 75 innings this year and 100 innings next year then I'm not trading jack for him.

Never said anything about limiting him next year. Assuming he's healthy it's a full go.

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 08:51 AM)
I like the attempt but I highly doubt CWS is able to move any of those first 4

I think they will. The Astros could use some back of the rotation help with the performance, injuries, and suspensions they are dealing with. The Nationals could be looking for someone to step in for Ross to give them some innings. The Dbacks may want to get some insurance for some of their young pitching for the second half.

There are going to be opportunities to make some deals involving those guys in the next two weeks, the returns won't be anything that seems incredible, but you can get some reclamation projects (like a Kahnle) and see if you can make anything out of them.