Moncada first homer!

whitesoxwinner

You can put it on the board...yes! For all the heat Hawk has taken over the years I'm gonna miss him. He's synonymous with summer, swimming, fireworks, and grilling! He should get a statue. Love how Moncada homers in his home debut :steadypimpinDoOrDieemojii:

Edited by JPR

QUOTE (JPR @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 10:39 PM)
You can put it on the board...yes! For all the heat Hawk has taken over the years I'm gonna miss him. He's synonymous with summer, swimming, fireworks, and grilling! He should get a statue. Love how Moncada homers in his home debut :steadypimpinDoOrDieemojii:

Not quite his home debut. He debuted against dodgers

QUOTE (JPR @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 10:28 PM)
I understand that renteria is robin Ventura 2.0 but you got start the batting order like this:

Moncada (home to 3B in 10.35 seconds, third fastest in baseball)

Tim anderson

Jose Abreu

M. Davidson

I'd rather let guys earn spots atop the batting order. IMO, Moncada is fine where he is at right now. Anderson should bat 9th until he starts to hit.

Just my opinion.

QUOTE (JPR @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 10:28 PM)
I understand that renteria is robin Ventura 2.0 but you got start the batting order like this:

Moncada (home to 3B in 10.35 seconds, third fastest in baseball)

Tim anderson

Jose Abreu

M. Davidson

Anderson

Moncada

Abreu

Melky/Avi

Avi/Melky

Davidson

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 05:08 AM)
I'd rather let guys earn spots atop the batting order. IMO, Moncada is fine where he is at right now. Anderson should bat 9th until he starts to hit.

Just my opinion.

I get what you are saying, but at the same time i would almost think it better to just put guys where you want them. If Rick Hahn envisions Moncada batting second, put him there. This is just such a low pressure situation.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 07:50 AM)
If Rick Hahn envisions Moncada batting second, put him there. This is just such a low pressure situation.

I believe they've been quoted as saying future run producer in the lineup. So ideally at the 3 spot (i.e. Cano).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 07:53 AM)
I believe they've been quoted as saying future run producer in the lineup. So ideally at the 3 spot (i.e. Cano).

In the AL that's a bit more fluid. In the NL, you have the pitcher, so you want your hitter away from the pitcher (3, 4, or 5 believe it or not). However, in the AL you don't quite have to worry about it as much so you can put a guy like Moncada at 2 to get more at bats.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 11:45 PM)
Hope he got the ball, knew it was gone off the hit but I was worried it'd fall into some douche's hands who wouldn't have given it back

I don't think a fan got to it. It looked like it bounced off of the batters eye too far away for a fan to get it.

Beauty, from the 2B, 110.1 mph rocket:

https://twitter.com/HyattCraig/status/891162060137955329

The hip turn and timing are insane. Like, Avi would kill for that sort of timing. Jose too. Those guys almost never hit breaking balls like this. Not that they aren't great hitters, but they are certainly different hitters. Moncada knows how to work a count and when he's down in the count he can sit fastball and yet still perfectly hit breaking balls left over the plate.

He's going to have teething issues, but man what a talent.