Interesting News

fathom

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Looks like Anderson is going to make the team. That's great to hear, as going down to the minors would have been pointless. Also interesting to see that KW is concerned about the velocity of some of our pitchers. Looks like last year's story might be back again this year.

I'm going to disagree with you fathom. I think we've almost thrown in the towel with Brian already, BA needs consistent ab's and he's not going to get them here as a back up imo.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
I'm wondering if it's possible to get Anderson 400 ABs this year. Or atleast 300.

He's going to be a bench player this season so we'll see. Kinda like a 8th, 9th inning defensive replacement player is what Oz was saying.

So if Brian does make the team as the 4th outfielder that makes Ozzie a hypocrite correct?

1.) He said Anderson would not be making the club as a reserve, he'd rather Brian get his ABs in AAA.

2.) He said the starting job in LF/CF would go to the player who performs best during the Spring.

Good to see Brian is going to make the team but he got totally f***ed in this situation.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 02:55 AM)
I'm going to disagree with you fathom. I think we've almost thrown in the towel with Brian already, BA needs consistent ab's and he's not going to get them here as a back up imo.

At least with Anderson on the roster, we can have an elite defensive replacement. With as much as this situation has been messed up, at least he made it and not Terrero. At this point, I guess I get overly happy about anything I can make into a positive.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
At least with Anderson on the roster, we can have an elite defensive replacement. With as much as this situation has been messed up, at least he made it and not Terrero. At this point, I guess I get overly happy about anything I can make into a positive.

I see where you are coming from but I absolutely hate how BA has been handled by this team. We honestly gave him 0 shot to succeed and if he is a back up here, he'd obviously be a great defensive replacement but it almost signals to me that the organization has completely given up on him as a starter.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 02:56 AM)

The next thing we could hope for is a trade. I'd hate for the Sox to give up their best bench LH hitter in Mackowiak, but would a Mack-for-Damian Miller trade make sense? It'd be overpaying on the Sox' part, but it would allow Eduardo Perez to make the roster and would complete the bench as Anderson-Perez-Miller-Ozuna-Cintron. The only problem there is that you may have one too many righties... if only Erstad would take his rightful role as a bench guy, or if Pods would just fall off the earth...

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
I see where you are coming from but I absolutely hate how BA has been handled by this team. We honestly gave him 0 shot to succeed and if he is a back up here, he'd obviously be a great defensive replacement but it almost signals to me that the organization has completely given up on him as a starter.

I love to make horrible comparisons, so I'll make another - Chase Utley didn't start until his 3rd year in the league.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
Maybe they were just watching tapes and it said 90 kilometers per hour.

I know you're kidding and all but I almost hope this is the case and he is throwing 56 miles per hour in side sessions simply because of the comedic value involved in such a f***up.

Making the team, and making the team in the right role are still way different.

And the fact remains that Mr. Hypocrite said:

a ) the guy that goes out and performs the best will win the CF job

b ) we won't keep BA up here if he isn't playing regularly, 'it isn't fair to him'.

So like Kalapse said, how is this right really?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
I love to make horrible comparisons, so I'll make another - Chase Utley didn't start until his 3rd year in the league.

Well deal, hopefully he becomes another Chase Utley. :) I just think Brian needs ab's and I don't believe he's going to get them in a reserve role here. Hopefully I'm wrong, the way Brian has been handled overall has just pissed me off, that's all.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)

Just like how the next Roy Halladay is not in our rotation right now?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)
I know you're kidding and all but I almost hope this is the case and he is throwing 56 miles per hour in side sessions simply because of the comedic value involved in such a f***up.

best thing since Berry-Barry

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
Just like how the next Roy Halladay is not in our rotation right now?

yes

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)
Interesting. I wonder if they would go with a 10 man staff and put Perez on the team.

Not with a 21 year old rookie and a 57 year old vet in the rotation not to mention that blonde bombshell Buehrle.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a team carry only 5 bullpen pitchers, especially in the modern baseball era of specialization.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
They'll still be pissed. Just about something else.

I know right. What's with that?