**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 07:51 AM)
Technically a 2015 show, but it's on Amazon and can be binged watched at any time...has anyone else watched The Man in the High Castle? Fantastic show. I have one more episode to watch in season 1.

Yea it was good, looking forward to more of it.

The wife and I finished up Homeland over the holidays. I was really digging the season up through about 6 episodes. And then it sorta sucked from there. The entire Quinn storyline was dumb. And how many times are they going to play the "no one believes in crazy Carrie, especially Saul, but then she saves the day!" card?

Also, why did everyone in Berlin speak in perfect American accents??

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 11:03 AM)
The wife and I finished up Homeland over the holidays. I was really digging the season up through about 6 episodes. And then it sorta sucked from there. The entire Quinn storyline was dumb. And how many times are they going to play the "no one believes in crazy Carrie, especially Saul, but then she saves the day!" card?

Also, why did everyone in Berlin speak in perfect American accents??

1) Quinn's storyline was disappointing, agreed there.

2) They couldn't believe Carrie, she's on the outside of the company. Even if Saul believed her (which he did eventually after getting over their falling out) he still had to convince everyone on the inside that she was right. Which is believably hard since she's on the outside and linked to leaked documents.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 11:15 AM)
1) Quinn's storyline was disappointing, agreed there.

2) They couldn't believe Carrie, she's on the outside of the company. Even if Saul believed her (which he did eventually after getting over their falling out) he still had to convince everyone on the inside that she was right. Which is believably hard since she's on the outside and linked to leaked documents.

I mean I get that to a point, but it seems to me with everything she's done in the past, all the miraculous intelligence work she's done, she's earned the benefit of the doubt. And since we're talking about all of the same people that have been connected to her (Saul, Dar, the Berlin chick, etc) that it wouldn't be much of a stretch to at least believe what she says while also questioning it to some degree. Even the documents themselves. Why on earth would they really believe that Carrie was the source of that? Or that she was somehow protecting the hacker? Nothing in the prior 5 seasons have indicated any willingness on her part to really screw the CIA or the US. I mean, yeah, she boned a known terrorist, but that was more out of proving that he wasn't a truly awful person, not screwing over the agency or country.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
I mean I get that to a point, but it seems to me with everything she's done in the past, all the miraculous intelligence work she's done, she's earned the benefit of the doubt. And since we're talking about all of the same people that has been connected to her (Saul, Dar, the Berlin chick, etc) that it wouldn't be much of a stretch to at least believe what she says while also questioning it to some degree. Even the documents themselves. Why on earth would they really believe that Carrie was the source of that? Or that she was somehow protecting the hacker? Nothing in the prior 5 seasons have indicated any willingness on her part to really screw the CIA or the US. I mean, yeah, she boned a known terrorist, but that was more out of proving that he wasn't a truly awful person, not screwing over the agency or country.

In all fairness I skipped season 3 (or most of it I should say).

Dar has his own games going on, there hasn't been much trust between Carrie and him for awhile (especially after s4 with him and Haqqani). And it wasn't believing Carrie was the leaker but that she's involved in it, even if it's known that it was someone else at the foundation, she works for those guys so it's all the same to the CIA. A backstab from your company is a backstab from you.

And yea, while Carrie has done phenomenal work for the CIA she is still known to have slept with a terrorist, had questionable decisions in Pakistan, known to be bipolar and hugely mentally unstable at times, and on top of all of that she's now on the outside working for a company that just leaked documents that f***ed up ongoing operations. Yea, going to be hard to trust her.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
In all fairness I skipped season 3 (or most of it I should say).

Dar has his own games going on, there hasn't been much trust between Carrie and him for awhile (especially after s4 with him and Haqqani). And it wasn't believing Carrie was the leaker but that she's involved in it, even if it's known that it was someone else at the foundation, she works for those guys so it's all the same to the CIA. A backstab from your company is a backstab from you.

And yea, while Carrie has done phenomenal work for the CIA she is still known to have slept with a terrorist, had questionable decisions in Pakistan, known to be bipolar and hugely mentally unstable at times, and on top of all of that she's now on the outside working for a company that just leaked documents that f***ed up ongoing operations. Yea, going to be hard to trust her.

Plus, they didn't cover it much, she evidently said some negative stuff on her way out (Saul alluded to it at one point).

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 06:02 AM)
The season finale of Ash vs. Evil Dead was great. The entire season was very enjoyable, but I thought the first and last episodes were the best.

Ash had so many great one liners. Bruce just fell back into that character effortlessly