Update: Tilson BACK IN walking boot

southsider2k5

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthWallace @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 06:44 PM)
Found this interesting: CST_soxvan: Willy Garcia, a RF by trade, starting in CF for Charlotte. "We’ll see what he’s capable of doing out there as a possibility,'' Hahn said.

https://twitter.com/cst_soxvan/status/854479521545945089

It can't hurt to see if he can play it, versatility is always nice.

QUOTE (SouthWallace @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 06:44 PM)
Found this interesting: CST_soxvan: Willy Garcia, a RF by trade, starting in CF for Charlotte. "We’ll see what he’s capable of doing out there as a possibility,'' Hahn said.

https://twitter.com/cst_soxvan/status/854479521545945089

It's almost like Hahn listened to me. I was semi-ridiculed for proposing this very thing yesterday afternoon...

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 10:45 PM)
Has Lawrie ever signed with anybody?

Something about that entire scenario is strange

And as bad as Jacob May has been, Adam Engel has almost been worst.

Last I read he wasn't healthy enough to sign with anyone.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Apr 21, 2017 -> 07:37 PM)
James Fegan‏ @JRFegan 27m27 minutes ago

More

Charlie Tilson is going to the 60-day DL to clear a 40-man spot. But Hahn says that is not indicative of any change in his recovery timeline

Well that's not correct. If he's out of the boot, it doesn't take another month to get ready. He's one that i thought they would want to really see this year.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 21, 2017 -> 09:29 PM)
Well that's not correct. If he's out of the boot, it doesn't take another month to get ready. He's one that i thought they would want to really see this year.

Wouldn't it be retroactive though

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 21, 2017 -> 09:59 PM)
Wouldn't it be retroactive though

It would be for the sake of the DL time. I guess it depends on how far back it goes. For the injury, once he is out of the boot it shouldn't be more than 3 weeks or so. So does the DL time go back 40 days?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2017 -> 09:49 PM)
Purely done for 40 man purposes

Yeah. I guess this is just another example of "Why bother with anything this season." They are going very conservative with the injuries this year. Normally, the sox have their injured player return earlier than the norm. Not this year.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 08:26 AM)
Yeah. I guess this is just another example of "Why bother with anything this season." They are going very conservative with the injuries this year. Normally, the sox have their injured player return earlier than the norm. Not this year.

Give him a month or so of "spring training "' and a week or so on a rehab assignment and the 60 days are up. Obviously the guy hasn't been healthy for it seems more than a day since the White Wox acquired him, so you probably should count on a setback or 2. I wondered why they didn't do this at the beginning of the season but I guess that just wanted it if they needed it.