9/1 Games

flavum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendelken 4 Ks thru 2 innings with 1ER.

Interesting tidbit from this game. Basto is playing RF. For me, I like this a lot because the kid has held his own hitting at high A and he's only 20. Moving him to the OF definitely seems logical and hopefully he could excel there.

Hawkins 1-2

Barnum 1-1 2B

QUOTE (Timmy U @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
Might mean neither Mitchell nor Danks is getting the call. Makes me wonder who is getting DeAza's ABs.

Sox already have 4 OFs in Viciedo, Eaton, Garcia and Sierra.

Danks and Mitchell are playing because they needed someone to play the OF lol.

QUOTE (Timmy U @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
Might mean neither Mitchell nor Danks is getting the call. Makes me wonder who is getting DeAza's ABs.

It probably just means Semien and Phegley aren't playing today after a night game.

Sounds like Mitchell will get called up based on what Bruce Levine was saying this morning.

Rodon will be added. Mitchell, Danks, Semien, Phegley, Rienzo, Carroll, Bassitt, Surkamp and maybe Taylor Thompson should be active tomorrow.

35 players for 25 games. Crowded.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
Probably easier to list everyone on the 40 who won't get called up:

Trayce Thompson

Davidson

Fernandez

De Los Santos

maybe not Bassitt

Fernandez and De Los Santos are release candidates. Gonna be a crowded 40 man beyond them. Tough decisions loom on Surkamp, Taylor Thompson, and Carroll.

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 08:41 PM)
The classic rule of trading, buy high, sell low.

Which is why I said if he has value left. If other teams believe he's a lost cause, then obviously you keep him and hope for the best. I don't trust the Sox to help him make the necessary adjustments.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 03:45 PM)
Which is why I said if he has value left. If other teams believe he's a lost cause, then obviously you keep him and hope for the best. I don't trust the Sox to help him make the necessary adjustments.

Is anybody from the low ranks pushing his AAA spot next year? If not, then who cares if he plays another year at Charlotte?

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Davidson will be due up 3rd in the 9th. He needs a hit, or he'll finish under .200.

edit: K to end the season. Bad year.

Understatement. He flirted with that crazy b**** Mendoza all year.

Can't imagine he'll get a callup - he really shouldn't be a part of any future plans unless/until he completely destroys AAA pitching in a third go-around. Likely a AAAA player when all is said and done, sadly.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
Is anybody from the low ranks pushing his AAA spot next year? If not, then who cares if he plays another year at Charlotte?

Not unless they want to try Semien over at 3b, and that doesn't make much sense with Gillaspie on the big league club.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
Interesting tidbit from this game. Basto is playing RF. For me, I like this a lot because the kid has held his own hitting at high A and he's only 20. Moving him to the OF definitely seems logical and hopefully he could excel there

He's played RF (and left the first two games) the past week.