Jose Fernandez dead

PolishPrince34

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is so sad. What a story he's had. What talent. What a future he was going to have. Unbelievable.

Honestly, I always wonder why more type-A athletes don't have more accidents doing risky things. The combination of money, opportunities, and feeling immortal is a risky combination.

So sad.

Definitely the most famous MLB player to die in the prime of his career in decades (Thurman Munson and Clemente)...complete shocker, especially considering fighting to come back even better after the TJ surgery.

That organization is probably going to end up in another rebuild and dumping Stanton now.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/comm...e104071446.html

From the picture, it's difficult to say if they crashed into the jetty or the boat just ended up resting against it due to the waves/tide. Seems like there were enough lights in the area to mark it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 25, 2016 -> 08:40 AM)
Whoa. He was gonna win multiple Cy Youngs. Whoa.

He'll always be a "could have been a Hall of Famer". We'll never know what he would have done over the next 15 years. It's so sad. I can't imagine what his family and teammates are feeling right now. Even the White Sox Dan Jennings, I feel bad for.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 25, 2016 -> 08:44 AM)
He'll always be a "could have been a Hall of Famer". We'll never know what he would have done over the next 15 years. It's so sad. I can't imagine what his family and teammates are feeling right now. Even the White Sox Dan Jennings, I feel bad for.

I think everyone in the MLB is sick from this news.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 25, 2016 -> 06:40 AM)
Whoa. He was gonna win multiple Cy Youngs. Whoa.

Terribly sad. RIP.

Not that it matters, but I hope he wins the CY this year. Numbers wise, he was probably behind Bumgarner and Scherzer (at least), but I hope the voters honor him instead.

Wow. Brings me back to 1993/94 spring training. Steve Olin, Tim Crews and Bob Ojeda. Ironically its been 23 years. I know these players need recreation but man gotta kinda measure the dangers. So sad. Remember the story about his grandma coming from cuba... poor woman when she learned of this