7/14 Game Thread: White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
Anyone know why they switched Johnson for Moose, then switched back?

f*** the Bankees.

First game after 4 days off... maybe. They have the freedom to juggle as they see fit.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
First game after 4 days off... maybe. They have the freedom to juggle as they see fit.

I wasn't saying that they don't have the right to juggle; I just thought it was odd, and a New York friend of mine who loves RJ told me, after I joked to her that RJ fears Contreras, "It's indicative of a greater problem: that Torre has lost confidence in Randy!" I don't think that's it, but I don't know. I was just asking.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
I wasn't saying that they don't have the right to juggle; I just thought it was odd, and a New York friend of mine who loves RJ told me, after I joked to her that RJ fears Contreras, "It's indicative of a greater problem: that Torre has lost confidence in Randy!" I don't think that's it, but I don't know. I was just asking.

I don't think it's that. I think the Yankees are weighing their options and trying to set things up so they'll be better off in the long run. The AS break is the best opportunity to do that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
If it is Johnson on the mound, does Thome play? Pablo in that spacious LF might be comical.

I doubt Thome will get benched at all the rest of the season unless he asks for a day off or is hurting.

Is anybody else just totally jazzed that we're kicking off the home stretch, the big tamale, the final countdown (doo doo doo, doo... doo doo doo doo-doo!)...

against the Yankees? Kickass. Couldn't have scripted it better myself. Taking a series in NYC should provide us with some nice swagger heading into Detroit.

GO SOX!

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
The only bad thing about tonights game is Widger will probably be catching.

Really, I don't think it matters much with Contreras pitching.

Buehrle and Garland don't shake their catchers off much. Garcia and Contreras? They've got no problem saying no, and throwing their pitches. Contreras'll be fine.