Well, it's that time of year again....2015 edition

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
when a 100+million payroll team approaches top 5 overall pick, you'd have to think someone is gonna lose their job.

you have to remember who the owners are. look at the history of the sox draft and minors system.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
Sox will wind up with a top three pick this time, bank it.

the draft is what it is going to be, i really don't care until aug or sept.

i am a sox fan and i want them to win. even if the team makes trades, i do not care.

i will eventually start thinking of "wait to til next yr"

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)
the draft is what it is going to be, i really don't care until aug or sept.

i am a sox fan and i want them to win. even if the team makes trades, i do not care.

i will eventually start thinking of "wait to til next yr"

I'm like you LDF. I have NO interest in the draft. When they get to the bigs, wake me up. Rodon had some nasty strikeout pitches today, but if we didn't take him, I feel like we'd have taken somebody else with great ability. The draft bores me to no end.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 02:27 AM)
I'm like you LDF. I have NO interest in the draft. When they get to the bigs, wake me up. Rodon had some nasty strikeout pitches today, but if we didn't take him, I feel like we'd have taken somebody else with great ability. The draft bores me to no end.

many poster have their fav's in ref to baseball. can't argue against any of it.

i like to clarify something, i like the draft and search of players ALOT. i get bored really easily and i need to keep my mind going. of i follow the draft. but right now, it is, for me, draft hangover. now i want to see some baseball and minor league baseball. when the cape cod opens up, midseason i start looking at the stats and start to remember. but that is me.

At this point, the Sox are so far out of it, they have no fighting chance. This season is over. Now it's time to root for a high draft pick because we need to build up the minor league system. Hopefully the best on board when the sox pick next season is a hitter, but i wouldm't mind the best on board being another pitcher because it seems like pitchers are the only thing the sox can capably develop.

The sox has been drafting better ever since they drafted Sale, so we got that going for us.

Hawkins prolly has 1 or 2 more minor league seasons before being written off as a bust.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)
At this point, the Sox are so far out of it, they have no fighting chance. This season is over. Now it's time to root for a high draft pick because we need to build up the minor league system. Hopefully the best on board when the sox pick next season is a hitter, but i wouldm't mind the best on board being another pitcher because it seems like pitchers are the only thing the sox can capably develop.

The sox has been drafting better ever since they drafted Sale, so we got that going for us.

Hawkins prolly has 1 or 2 more minor league seasons before being written off as a bust.

Courtney Hawkins is 21 years old.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)

BUT BUT BUT FANGRAPHS PLAYOFF OFFS STILL HAVE THE SOX WITH A 4.0% CHANCE OF MAKING IT!

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)
After 2 straight years of it, can't say I'm as excited as I once was for high draft picks. By all means, tank away, but I see no way out of this hell.

The good(?) part is, they're tanking without even saying that they're tanking.

Basically, they're losing the old-fashioned way without actively trying to lose.

I hate this thread so much every year. It's June 22 and there are 94 games left in the season. Do we really need a thread in which supposed White Sox fans are openly rooting for their team to lose? You point out that they are just 6.5 games back from getting the #1 pick. Well you know what? They are also just 6.5 games back in the wild card race. I would much rather root for that instead. If it were the end of August or beginning of September it would be one thing. One nice two week stretch of baseball gets them right back in the thick of things and I haven't given up hope yet.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

Probably premature to start the draft pick watch, but the Sox are done.

I'd just bookmark this and look at it once in a while.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/_/sort/wi...c/group/overall

Question--is there a team right now that's 4 below .500 or worse that will ever reach .500 again, or are they just not good enough?

Edited by flavum

On June 9 2010, the Sox were 25-33, 8 games under .500 same as now. They then went on a 25-5 run to get to 50-38. I know people will say that this team doesn't have that in them, but they would have said the same thing about the 2010 team. I'm not saying I'm expecting it but I'm not going to start looking forward to draft position.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 11:08 AM)
On June 9 2010, the Sox were 25-33, 8 games under .500 same as now. They then went on a 25-5 run to get to 50-38. I know people will say that this team doesn't have that in them, but they would have said the same thing about the 2010 team. I'm not saying I'm expecting it but I'm not going to start looking forward to draft position.

It would be nice if they could do that, because this division certainly is vulnerable. The Royals' starting staff is atrocious.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 11:08 AM)

Much of this was the annual AL feasting on the NL. We just had a bit of that and promptly lost 8 in a row.

Edit: pods was 2009. That was a fun run.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 11:16 AM)
It would be nice if they could do that, because this division certainly is vulnerable. The Royals' starting staff is atrocious.

The AL as a whole is fairly mediocre. Still just 6.5 games out with 94 games still to go. It certainly looks bad right now, but anything can happen with 94 games to be played. Who knows, maybe the 5 for 5 game by Milky wakes him up. Maybe Abreu starts to look like 2014 Abreu. LaRoach goes on a hot streak. Levi pulls his head out of his ass. Micah comes back up and stirs s*** up.......