A's Trade for Khris Davis

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 13, 2016 -> 12:45 AM)
Brewers and Reds will have a hell of a competition this year.

Kris Davis was one player i was hoping the sox to acquire via trade, if the sox had the 2nd tier players to pull it off.

i know, i am dreaming.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 13, 2016 -> 12:58 AM)
The players the Brewers got are decent. It's a reasonable trade for both sides.

Shame the Sox didn't get in, but Davis isn't a great piece IMO. Great power, but lousy .avg and nothing special defensively.

thanks for that info.

for me, i would question if he is better than Avi, defensively?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/athl...sean-nolin.html

"Davis is not very highly regarded with the glove, though defensive metrics have been mixed. He actually rated as a plus performer in left in 2014, but dipped into the negative territory last year."

"Looking at the Milwaukee side of the deal, the 20-year-old Nottingham looks like the jewel. He went to Oakland from the Astros — then the home of current Brewers GM David Stearns — as the key piece of last summer’s Scott Kazmir deal. He’s still a ways off, having only reached the High-A level, but does represent a theoretical long-term replacement for star catcher Jonathan Lucroy — who has, of course, been mentioned as a trade candidate quite often this winter."

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 13, 2016 -> 12:06 AM)
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/athl...sean-nolin.html

"Davis is not very highly regarded with the glove, though defensive metrics have been mixed. He actually rated as a plus performer in left in 2014, but dipped into the negative territory last year."

"Looking at the Milwaukee side of the deal, the 20-year-old Nottingham looks like the jewel. He went to Oakland from the Astros — then the home of current Brewers GM David Stearns — as the key piece of last summer’s Scott Kazmir deal. He’s still a ways off, having only reached the High-A level, but does represent a theoretical long-term replacement for star catcher Jonathan Lucroy — who has, of course, been mentioned as a trade candidate quite often this winter."

many thanks for that info. i guess i am trying to put things in perspective, so in essence, it is like trading Corey Zangari + pitcher and if that is close to the value, i would say no thank you.

but getting Davis with 2 more yrs of arb yrs and Fa in 1920, i still would like to try to find a way to make this trade, and the sox will save some money and not getting or spending money on Fa's.

but this is just me.

I like this trade alot for Milwaukee. The Brewers have added some really nice young talent since last summer. Too early to tell because Nottingham and Derby are so young but imo, the A's gave up some good talent for a guy like Davis. Aside from his power, Davis isn't really all that impressive. This is a solid trade for a rebuilding team like Milwaukee.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 08:53 PM)
many thanks for that info. i guess i am trying to put things in perspective, so in essence, it is like trading Corey Zangari + pitcher and if that is close to the value, i would say no thank you.

but getting Davis with 2 more yrs of arb yrs and Fa in 1920, i still would like to try to find a way to make this trade, and the sox will save some money and not getting or spending money on Fa's.

but this is just me.

Good comparison. No thanks from me, too.