The Return of Adam Dunn, 9/05. 12:05

LittleHurt05

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People are really complaining about lineups now? The season is over. Who cares who's batting cleanup? Might as well give Dunn at bats to hopefully give him something to build off of going into next year. The pressure is completely off at this point.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
People are really complaining about lineups now? The season is over. Who cares who's batting cleanup? Might as well give Dunn at bats to hopefully give him something to build off of going into next year. The pressure is completely off at this point.

Exactly

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)

It would still be nice to try the Elf out with everyday at bats so that next year's manager has seen him in a quasi-everyday role for the month of Sept.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
It would still be nice to try the Elf out with everyday at bats so that next year's manager has seen him in a quasi-everyday role for the month of Sept.

Agreed. The only thing I would complain about is that Ozzie isn't rotating everyone into games throughout this last month.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)

I think Dunn should play every day from here on out. He has definitely earned that worst batting season of modern day baseball title, and I want to see him get the at bats to qualify for it. I just figured it would be nice to see the Sox bat guys where they project for the future. The season is over, you're right. Which is why now you see what you have for next season. Lillibridge should be playing pretty much every day too.

QUOTE (Paulie4Pres @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
I think Dunn should play every day from here on out. He has definitely earned that worst batting season of modern day baseball title, and I want to see him get the at bats to qualify for it. I just figured it would be nice to see the Sox bat guys where they project for the future. The season is over, you're right. Which is why now you see what you have for next season. Lillibridge should be playing pretty much every day too.

PRoblem is, we can give reasons why we should see about 6 or 7 guys.

Konerko...career stats and a shot at top 10 in MVP race again.

Dunn...maybe turning it around, maybe putting his name in the record books

De Aza, Viciedo: Development

Lillibridge: see what he does everyday

Quentin: Prove he's healthy so that he can be traded

Flowers, Beckham, Morel: Development

Aren't enough positions for everyone that we'd want to put in the lineup.

I agree he needs to play he is being paid show is OVA!

At this point, it should be Dunn, Rios and the kids. Sit Q, sit Konerko, and see what you have for next year. Same with the pitching staff. Shelve guys like Crain and Ohman. Get Reed and company into some pressure situations.

Big boy Evil Boy, big boy Evil Bill

Mummy, money saw him dip us in the till

Cheek of picky Bill(4X)

With his funny walk and funny chills

Gin Gon, gin again gin gon up the hill

Self help for the bells, self help to the hill

Cheek of picky Bill (4X)

With his funny walk and known to kill

And funny chills

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dearest one

Oh dear, oh dear Christ

What's become of

Big boy Evil Bill, big boy Evil Bill

Mummy money saw him dip us in the till

Cheek of picky Bill (4X)

With his funny walk and known to kill

And funny chills

Oh the Bill boy was (3X)

Oh the Bill boy (4X)

Oh the Bill boy was

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
Just want the team to finish the season with their heads up and do their best, which I trust they will. Last night was disappointing to say the least. Only spark was in the 9th

:lolhitting

I am now convinced you are not a real person. I don't know what you are yet. But you're not a human being.

Seriously, this.

QUOTE (Paulie4Pres @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)

I thought the record low was like .139? I don't think Dunn can possibly drop down that low.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
Rob Deer at .171 for a qualified season. It is pretty much impossible for him to get that many ABs now.

OK, so that's just the modern era record then? Because I swear I saw something about a guy hitting even lower than Dunn, but I'm pretty sure it was a long time ago.