Matt Davidson to DL, Avi Garcia back

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 11:05 AM)
Scott Merkin‏ @scottmerkin 3m3 minutes ago

Matt Davidson to the DL with a right wrist contusion. Avisail Garcia returns from his very short injury rehab assignment

Keeps the suck going I suppose. Replace a productive player with another productive player.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 11:11 AM)
Maybe some Delmonico at 3B? Certainly a better defensive lineup is Saladino or Sanchez at 3B, Leury in LF, Engel in CF, and Delmonico at DH but we shall see.

As good as Delmonico looked in spring with the bat he looked that bad at 3B. He is not a 3B. Not even close.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 04:51 PM)
Matt Davidson must be the most celebrated .2 fWAR player in Sox history. Get well soon but meh. If anything this allows the Sox to try Yolmer more at 3B down the stretch.

Another guy who for whatever reason is not well liked on this board. Was on pace for 30 homer season. I know, his advanced stats suck and will always suck. If somebody else got hurt, ruining a productive season, there'd be a ton of sympathy. Have you seen some of Davidson's bombs this season? Crushed. Definite highlights in one of the worst seasons in Sox history. This all can drive a person crazy. You don't need to tell me how bad Davidson is BTW. I've read all your advanced stat posts. Yeah, he sucks. I know.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 01:55 PM)
Another guy who for whatever reason is not well liked on this board. Was on pace for 30 homer season. I know, his advanced stats suck and will always suck. If somebody else got hurt, ruining a productive season, there'd be a ton of sympathy. Have you seen some of Davidson's bombs this season? Crushed. Definite highlights in one of the worst seasons in Sox history. This all can drive a person crazy. You don't need to tell me how bad Davidson is BTW. I've read all your advanced stat posts. Yeah, he sucks. I know.

We know.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 12:55 PM)

You must have loved white sox-era Adam Dunn if you like Matt Davidson this much

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 05:59 PM)
You must have loved white sox-era Adam Dunn if you like Matt Davidson this much

I tend to support guys who provide 'moments.' I'm not saying he's the greatest thing ever, but he definitely was one of the best players on the team this season.

In his first full season he raked some big-time home runs. Davidson and Avi arguably have several of the top 10 highlight moments of the season. As far as 'potential' Davidson definitely showed that. I despised Dunn but he was a veteran. I realize Davidson sucks and his advanced stats suck and project him to be a flop, but I do know he's had some of the team's Top 10 moments of a dreadful season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 01:08 PM)
I tend to support guys who provide 'moments.' I'm not saying he's the greatest thing ever, but he definitely was one of the best players on the team this season.

In his first full season he raked some big-time home runs. Davidson and Avi arguably have several of the top 10 highlight moments of the season. As far as 'potential' Davidson definitely showed that. I despised Dunn but he was a veteran. I realize Davidson sucks and his advanced stats suck and project him to be a flop, but I do know he's had some of the team's Top 10 moments of a dreadful season.

Hero worship?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 02:02 PM)
On a related note, Todd Frazier has absolutely cratered since he got traded to the Yankees, slashing 200/333/309. Ha.

Those were basically his numbers when he was with the Sox, no? Maybe just a tad higher when he was here? No reason to think they would change much...other than maybe he might get more opportunities to hit with men on base, but even then he was pretty awful hitting with RISP last year and not great this year...great guy, absolutely love his personality and also his defense at 3B...not so much his hitting. Yeah, he hit 40 bombs...pretty sure a big majority of those were solo shots (or at least it felt like it) or meaningless in lost ballgames. Idk. Will be interesting to see who he goes with next year. He hasn't exactly put himself in a great position to be on a team that is in win-now mode for years to come.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 03:45 PM)
Those were basically his numbers when he was with the Sox, no? Maybe just a tad higher when he was here? No reason to think they would change much...other than maybe he might get more opportunities to hit with men on base, but even then he was pretty awful hitting with RISP last year and not great this year...great guy, absolutely love his personality and also his defense at 3B...not so much his hitting. Yeah, he hit 40 bombs...pretty sure a big majority of those were solo shots (or at least it felt like it) or meaningless in lost ballgames. Idk. Will be interesting to see who he goes with next year. He hasn't exactly put himself in a great position to be on a team that is in win-now mode for years to come.

Similar, but add 108 points of ISO with the Sox. If Frazier isn't hitting for power, and he's not with the Yanks, he's basically replacement level.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 12:55 PM)

Josh Fields.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 02:45 PM)

He slugged way higher than that.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 09:43 PM)
Davidson was out 6 games prior to the DL listing. Are they back-dating the DL time?

That's a good question plus when a couple injured guys return from rehab assignments the Sox will have some roster decisions to make