JR "Ozzie can't come back as Manager"

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 01:33 AM)
White Sox Talk‏Verified account @CSNWhiteSox 18m18 minutes ago Reinsdorf: Ozzie Guillen 'can't come back' as White Sox manager - http://ift.tt/2wcKwk5 #WhiteSox

JR said this in a story with Nightengale at USA Today.

Said he went to bet for Ozzie for other managerial jobs but that he burned bridges on the way out of Chicago and he wouldn't be the Sox manager.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)
I would take him back as manager. Maybe not my first choice but his teams largely came ready to play for him. His roster control (even if not official) was a bit out of control though. Out of the 5 last managers he's by far the best of them.

Rose-tinted glasses. How quickly you forget.

QUOTE (Quin @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 09:30 PM)
It's a shame Ozzie burned bridges, because him having a future lineup with Anderson, Moncada, Eloy, Robert, Rutherford, etc. would be really fun.

He'd actually have the guys who have speed steal bases that's for sure.

QUOTE (Quin @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 10:30 PM)
It's a shame Ozzie burned bridges, because him having a future lineup with Anderson, Moncada, Eloy, Robert, Rutherford, etc. would be really fun.

Too bad that he has no patience with young players.

Ozzie would be perfect to run a Venezuela scouting and training facility, but it's really unstable down there right now.

I always loved Ozzie...but his act was really starting to wear pretty thin. I don't blame JR for taking this stance...plus...I don't think I'd let Oz anywhere near a young team starting to mold...besides being the obvious fact of a possible PR nightmare at any given moment.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 10:01 AM)
I always loved Ozzie...but his act was really starting to wear pretty thin. I don't blame JR for taking this stance...plus...I don't think I'd let Oz anywhere near a young team starting to mold...besides being the obvious fact of a possible PR nightmare at any given moment.

Before hindsight takes place, Ozzie basically turned thing into a "me or him" situation with his contract ultimatum, full well knowing that JR doesn't condone the renegotiation of contracts. If he didn't do it for Jordan, he wasn't going to do it for Ozzie. At that point, the relationship was done for Ozzie as a manager of the White Sox.

Ozzie blew it for himself. He's not going to any team again as manager, ever. It's fine to talk, talk, talk, but in this day and age, especially of PC, you are not going to hire Ozzie Guillen. He'll talk about anything as he proved with the Castro situation and no owner needs to take that risk. Managers aren't that important. Ozzie no doubt enjoys managing but first and foremost he's all about the money (as most people are) and nobody's going to hire him as manager.

I would think he could get a job as a scout with a team or some kind of job, but he's probably not interested. You'd think he'd be perfect as a color announcer in the booth.