ReyLo game #2 vs Texas

ScootsMcGoots

Tyson Ross is throwing for Texas. ERA over 7 (yet somehow has a 3-2 record). Might be a nice slugfest for our boys, and looking forward to seeing Lopez pitch another nice game. Let's see if Delmonico can continue his baseball demolition derby.

First pitch 7:05 central (Thank God, I hate those late west coast games)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 02:51 PM)
https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/898268049723215873

Probably got to their hotel at 6am.

I like seeing Moncada in the 2 hole.

What do people think about Rick changing the line-up every game? I guess I dont mind it for a rebuilding team but not sure how I'd feel if we were trying to compete.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 03:56 PM)
Yolmer oWAR 0.6 in 365 PAs, Davidson oWAR 0.4 in 324 PAs.

This isn't a fair comparison considering Yolmer has played the majority of his season at 2b. Davidson is a much better hitter.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
This isn't a fair comparison considering Yolmer has played the majority of his season at 2b. Davidson is a much better hitter.

That is their offensive WAR numbers for this season. It is an apples to apples comparison of the offensive production. It doesn't even touch the defensive chasm between the two.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)

In addition, Yolmer has been regressing offensively while Davidson has been pretty steady.

I'm really happy for the type of production Davidson has performed, but, I also have not felt like he's been anywhere as close as Leury, Avi, Kevan Smith and now even Delmonico have to creating a shot at being on 2019 roster. Due to likely nobody being at 3b he's going to be around next year, but he needs a big jump in his walks.

But I'm really happy that he's gotten a big league run and has come back from bad slumps. Those 2 years in AAA were really bottom barrel and he picked himself up and gave himself a chance at a turn in the bigs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 04:26 PM)
That is their offensive WAR numbers for this season. It is an apples to apples comparison of the offensive production. It doesn't even touch the defensive chasm between the two.

No it's not. Offensive WAR still takes into equation the defensive position that they play. Because 2b is much worse offensively than 1b or 3b, Sanchez's oWAR is going to look much better than Davidson's. Davidson has been the much better offensive player this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 04:26 PM)

Davidson, and FFS I can't believe I'm actually defending him, has a wRC+ of 102, Yolmer is in free fall and is sitting at 78. I love Yolmer's defense but from a purely offensive standpoint (which is pointless really because guys have to play defense...) Davidson is the better player.

That said, Davidson putting up a 102 wRC+ has him at ZERO fWAR because he can't defend.