4/19 games

danman31

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 08:45 PM)
Micah probably will get a September call up or no?

DEFINITELY. If not sooner, depending on what happens with Alexei Ramirez getting traded...and whatever ends up happening with Semien/Beckham/Carlos Sanchez.

Edited by caulfield12

Have to love that Trayce has really improved his contact rate while increasing his walk rate. While he has not shown a ton of power this year, we know that will come. But he's a very quality defensive player and now is showing a very solid eye at the plate.

Micah is just a stud. Hopefully both these guys continue to develop and are major-league ready for next year.

Many people might disagree with this statement, but I feel like Micah is as good a player as Billy Hamilton. He just has not been hyped up as much. Numbers are not that far off.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 05:23 AM)
Have to love that Trayce has really improved his contact rate while increasing his walk rate. While he has not shown a ton of power this year, we know that will come. But he's a very quality defensive player and now is showing a very solid eye at the plate.

Micah is just a stud. Hopefully both these guys continue to develop and are major-league ready for next year.

Many people might disagree with this statement, but I feel like Micah is as good a player as Billy Hamilton. He just has not been hyped up as much. Numbers are not that far off.

I'd like to believe this, but many times a player is substituting contact for power, especially one whose biggest obstacle to advancement has been his K rate. Still, it's promising. More telling to me, though, will be how he adapts to AAA if he's able to make that jump at midseason.

As for Micah, his hit tool is starting to look legit and may have been underrated by some. The K/BB improvement is a great sign that he's adapting his game to maximize his loud speed tool. AND the wife thinks he's much hotter than even Matt D, so there's that.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
I never knew Trayce Thompson was related to Golden State Warriors SG Klay Thompson. That's pretty cool. Other than that, glad to see Thompson and Johnson start off great with the Barons.

Their dad, Mychael, was a better athlete than either of the two kids, and that is saying something.