How your smart phone has made you a Soxtalk junkie

Jerksticks

Hi my name is Jerksticks and my smart phone has enabled me to spend an unhealthy amount of time on Soxtalk. 365 days a year I'm checking at least something. I have 8 possible windows on my 4s version of safari, and at any time 3-4 windows can easily be Soxtalk.

Haha sometimes I wish I never got so damn curious about the CLee for Pods trade. That's when I discovered Internet baseball. How about you?

Thats interesting because I almost never check the forums I contribute to on my phone. I don't like having to pinch zoom in and out of navigate the site. As far as I know, we don't have a mobile version of the site here, or at least my phone does not automatically redirect to it, so I only check here through my phone if some major Sox news happens and I am at work on my break.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 02:03 AM)
Thats interesting because I almost never check the forums I contribute to on my phone. I don't like having to pinch zoom in and out of navigate the site. As far as I know, we don't have a mobile version of the site here, or at least my phone does not automatically redirect to it, so I only check here through my phone if some major Sox news happens and I am at work on my break.

Me too. This site is horrible on your phone/tablet. I really only check on my desktop at work.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
Question for the crowd - if a mobile version of the site could be added or made available, would that be of value? Mind you I don't even know if it is possible, just curious.

Yes absolutely. If we're being honest, forums are almost a relic of the internet past at this point. With reddit, facebook, twitter, etc - they're not quite as needed as they once were. If forums even have a chance of staying relevant, you'll need a mobile app.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
I'm probably in a deep minority here, but another site that I sometimes go to has tapatalk and I couldn't stand it on my phone. :ph34r:

I too did not like tapatalk. Although, since I'm no longer in school, I pretty much never check Soxtalk from my phone.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 07:29 AM)
Yes absolutely. If we're being honest, forums are almost a relic of the internet past at this point. With reddit, facebook, twitter, etc - they're not quite as needed as they once were. If forums even have a chance of staying relevant, you'll need a mobile app.

You sir are a relic. What is this facebook you talk about. None of the cool kids today use facebook, that is for old parents like you and me. Soxtalk is actually stronger today than it was 5 years ago in terms of traffic, etc. I think part of it is, you can't replicate this sort of discussion on facebook / twitter / instagram / etc, so for those die-hard sports fans, forums are still the absolute best way to vent, share, analyze, and discuss their favorite teams!

Kind of awesome, definitely surprising and a true credit to all of the amazing members!!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
You sir are a relic. What is this facebook you talk about. None of the cool kids today use facebook, that is for old parents like you and me. Soxtalk is actually stronger today than it was 5 years ago in terms of traffic, etc. I think part of it is, you can't replicate this sort of discussion on facebook / twitter / instagram / etc, so for those die-hard sports fans, forums are still the absolute best way to vent, share, analyze, and discuss their favorite teams!

Kind of awesome, definitely surprising and a true credit to all of the amazing members!!!

Agreed, I don't know a single person under the age of 30 who regularly uses Facebook.

Edit- Other than myself, I suppose!

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
Agreed, I don't know a single person under the age of 30 who regularly uses Facebook.

Edit- Other than myself, I suppose!

Wait, where the hell do you live? lol

I am in college and pretty much everyone I went to high school with uses high school and people in college still do as well. Not as much as 5 years ago but it is still used a lot to keep in touch and share photos.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)

I am in college and pretty much everyone I went to high school with uses high school and people in college still do as well. Not as much as 5 years ago but it is still used a lot to keep in touch and share photos.

Someon'es not very cool :unsure: :ph34r:

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)

Really? I live 25 miles from Chicago, and nobody from my high school goes on Facebook. It's all Twitter and Instagram.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 06:25 PM)
Really? I live 25 miles from Chicago, and nobody from my high school goes on Facebook. It's all Twitter and Instagram.

I guess it is just the way we grew up. Growing up, Facebook was the only the only thing we had so it is bigger and more used for us whereas since you are younger you grew up when Twitter and Instagram were becoming big.

Weird what 5-6 year difference can do

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)
I guess it is just the way we grew up. Growing up, Facebook was the only the only thing we had so it is bigger and more used for us whereas since you are younger you grew up when Twitter and Instagram were becoming big.

Weird what 5-6 year difference can do

Facebook was big for me too 2-3 years ago, but now it's basically dead. It's strange. You're not "cool" if you're in high school and you don't tweet nowadays.