Your Ideal Postseason

flavum

Instead of ranking the 10 teams in order of preference, how do you want this to go down?

I want Yankees and Dbacks to win.

Then...

Indians beat Yankees

Astros beat Red Sox

Nationals beat Cubs

Dodgers beat Dbacks

Then...

Indians beat Astros

Dodgers beat Nationals

Then...

Indians beat Dodgers

But in short...no 3-seeds past next weekend.

Hoping it goes a little somethin like this...

NLWC- Rockies

NLDS- Rockies beat Dodgers

NLDS- Nat's beat cubs ( gimme a sweep! )

ALWC- Yanks beats Twinkies

ALDS- Tribe beats Yanks

ALDS- ugh, going with the Astros though I really don't want either to win.

NLCS- Nat's beat Rockies

ALCS- Tribe beats Houston

WS- Tribe vs Nat's. Can't decide who I'd rather see win. Gonna have to come back later and make a choice.

I'm personally just going to list out some World Series potentials that I'd enjoy:

Indians beat the Cubs

I'd enjoy this because it would be a rematch of that unbelievably competitive series last season. I'd also enjoy watching the Cubs get beat this time around. Wouldn't mind if the series ended up being a 4 game sweep on another 7 game extra inning nail biter.

Dodgers beat the Yankees

It has been a long time since my hometown's most historic team has won the hardware. It'd be cool to experience the vibe around town and seeing my son take in a local event like that would be very memorable. Having the two old school New York teams with such deep roots in this game would also be cool. Finally, it's always fantastic to watch the Yankee faithful get crushed, as their the only team in all of sports that I truly deeply passionately HATE. 6 or 7 games.

Rockies beat the Astros

This is my "underdog" series of choice... I'd love for Colorado to shock the world by even making it to the big dance and would really like seeing some of their youngsters preform on the biggest stage under the brightest lights. Why the Astros, you ask? Well... I'd like to see the Rockies sweep them because... the Astros.

I doubt any of these matchups will occur... the Cubs aren't strong enough, the Yankees aren't deep enough, and the Rockies don't have much of an anchor. If money was on the line here my bet would be:

Dodgers beat Red Sox in 6

I'll be in Houston this weekend for a friend's wedding and I get in at noon on Thursday. I'm thinking of splurging for tickets for Game 1 to see Sale vs. Verlander.

Decided to go for it. Got tickets near the 1st base dugout.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 3, 2017 -> 11:29 AM)
I'll be in Houston this weekend for a friend's wedding and I get in at noon on Thursday. I'm thinking of splurging for tickets for Game 1 to see Sale vs. Verlander.

Decided to go for it. Got tickets near the 1st base dugout.

Badass!!!

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Oct 4, 2017 -> 11:49 AM)
Why does everyone here want the Indians to win it all? I'd rather see Sale win it all if it has to be an AL team, but I'd prefer the Nats or Dodgers to win it all.

I'd like to see the Indians win because they've been close 3 times in the last 22 years (twice, extremely close). It would be a good story.

Also, I'm not rooting for the Yankees and Red Sox to make the ALCS again. Forget that noise.

Cubs? Obviously not.

And I'm mostly an AL fan. If it's Astros-Indians and Dodgers-Nationals, I'm cool with anything as long as it's good baseball. But let's just get the Red Sox and Cubs out of there next week.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 4, 2017 -> 11:54 AM)
I'd like to see the Indians win because they've been close 3 times in the last 22 years (twice, extremely close). It would be a good story.

Also, I'm not rooting for the Yankees and Red Sox to make the ALCS again. Forget that noise.

Cubs? Obviously not.

And I'm mostly an AL fan. If it's Astros-Indians and Dodgers-Nationals, I'm cool with anything as long as it's good baseball. But let's just get the Red Sox and Cubs out of there next week.

Summed up perfectly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
Houston has always been my 2nd favorite team and with all of the teams I hate that made the playoffs, I am ride or die with the Astros.

Even after what they've done in the last 10 months? I liked the Astros before that, now I want them swept out of the playoffs.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Oct 4, 2017 -> 04:10 PM)
Even after what they've done in the last 10 months? I liked the Astros before that, now I want them swept out of the playoffs.

Meh, I prefer Eloy. I'm not rooting for 2 ALC teams nor Red Sox and Yankees (unless they face the Cubs). As much as I want Sale and Q to win a World Series in their careers, hopefully it's with whoever they play for next.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
Eh, them not wanting to pay up for a trade with the Sox isn't really that big of a deal to me.

Bailing the Tigers out of Verlander is the biggest deal to me. I'd've gotten over the failed trade talks, and had once the Sox got Eloy, but then they turned around and gave the Tigers yet another out on yet another huge contract that was supposed to financially cripple them for years to come.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Oct 4, 2017 -> 04:35 PM)
Bailing the Tigers out of Verlander is the biggest deal to me. I'd've gotten over the failed trade talks, and had once the Sox got Eloy, but then they turned around and gave the Tigers yet another out on yet another huge contract that was supposed to financially cripple them for years to come.

Verlander's deal extends through 2020 at the longest, and that's if the vesting option is hit. That wasn't that big of a hit. Cabrera's is the big one. Making $30 million in 2018-2021, and $32 million for 2022-2023. That's another 6 years and $184 million for a guy who was worse than a replacement level player this year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 4, 2017 -> 04:51 PM)
Verlander's deal extends through 2020 at the longest, and that's if the vesting option is hit. That wasn't that big of a hit. Cabrera's is the big one. Making $30 million in 2018-2021, and $32 million for 2022-2023. That's another 6 years and $184 million for a guy who was worse than a replacement level player this year.

Paying $60ish million per year to those two would've all but assured they couldn't be in on Harper, Machado, or Arenado.

Ideally? Cubs swept in laughable fashion & Cleveland going out in the 1st round + Bos and NY not winning it all.

Rooting for the Nats to embarrass the sorry ass Northsiders on their way to winning the World Series.

Edited by SouthWallace