Gleyber Torres Needs Tommy John

shipps

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 02:41 PM)
In what way?

You are going to be without your top guy for somewhere around a year now, who was set to be in the Bronx at any time and probably going to be a contributor this year. Now that is gone, and getting that from other guys becomes more important. It also puts a question mark around Torres until he actually does show he is recovered and can contribute.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)
You are going to be without your top guy for somewhere around a year now, who was set to be in the Bronx at any time and probably going to be a contributor this year. Now that is gone, and getting that from other guys becomes more important. It also puts a question mark around Torres until he actually does show he is recovered and can contribute.

Ahh...yeah, dunno...I mean they are so deep right now...I suspect it may just cause them to look at other players to replace Headley with.

I suspect Torres will be ready to go by next season.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
Ahh...yeah, dunno...I mean they are so deep right now...I suspect it may just cause them to look at other players to replace Headley with.

I suspect Torres will be ready to go by next season.

Just saw it is not his throwing arm, so that helps.

@Joelsherman1 Keep in mind that it is non-throwing elbow for Torres and that he is not a pitcher. Still, terrible news for the kid and #Yankees

• 1 month later...