Back to the 1940s - Sox vs Twinkies 9-17

knightni

No TV, just like when grandpa was a kid.

Let's all huddle next to the family AM radio and listen to the crackling sounds of Ed and John.

It's a breakfast game folks!

11:10 AM CT

Chicago (89-57) Hernandez (9-8, 5.10 ERA)

Minnesota (75-71) Santana (13-7, 3.17 ERA)

Let's get em SOX!

:bringit :gosox1:

Edited by knightni

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

El Duque...they've told me again and again that you're a big game pitcher. That you've done a number in the playoffs. Hell, I've repeated it. I've said that if the Yankees had you healthy last year, the Red Sox are still cursed.

If you're a big game pitcher...this is your big game. In fact...if you want to pitch in any bigger games...this is your biggest game.

We need you to stand up tomorrow when you're outmatched. This is a game that by all rights we should not win.

Go get em.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
El Duque...they've told me again and again that you're a big game pitcher.  That you've done a number in the playoffs.  Hell, I've repeated it.  I've said that if the Yankees had you healthy last year, the Red Sox are still cursed.

If you're a big game pitcher...this is your big game.  In fact...if you want to pitch in any bigger games...this is your biggest game.

We need you to stand up tomorrow when you're outmatched.  This is a game that by all rights we should not win.

Go get em.

Well said. This has got to be his last chance to prove why the Sox got this guy.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
Anyone know WHY it's only on radio today?

Basically Fox has the rights to any Saturday Morning games. Usually this game would be picked up by Fox, but their games don't start until 12. The reason for the game starting at 11 is because the Minny Gophers play later tonight and they have to get the game in and the field ready for that game. Therefore no tv.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
Basically Fox has the rights to any Saturday Morning games. Usually this game would be picked up by Fox, but their games don't start until 12. The reason for the game starting at 11 is because the Minny Gophers play later tonight and they have to get the game in and the field ready for that game. Therefore no tv.

You would think that the MLB is a large enough orginization to not allow its teams to sign contracts where they don't have the first rights to their park at any time they wish.

MLB should have made the Twins play this one away, at US Cellular.

This happened last year and was just as embarassing for the MLB.

QUOTE(tpezz27 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
Chicago White Sox

1 Pablo Ozuna, LF

2 Tadahito Iguchi, 2B

3 Paul Konerko, 1B

4 Carl Everett, DH

5 Aaron Rowand, CF

6 Jermaine Dye , RF

7 Juan Uribe, SS

8 Chris Widger, C

9 Joe Crede, 3B

Stacking the deck against righties about the only way to do it versus Santana. My only suggestion would be Anderson instead of Ozuna.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Did'nt Ozuna have a couple of hits off him last time?

Yes he did, and if I remember correctly he had another one taken away by a very nice play in the field. Of course in that game he also made a brutal error, but I suppose thats going to happen with Pablo in the field

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
Yes he did, and if I remember correctly he had another one taken away by a very nice play in the field.  Of course in that game he also made a brutal error, but I suppose thats going to happen with Pablo in the field

He's less a liability in LF than he is at 3B in the field. So I'm liking what we're doing today with the guy.