Your Mid-Season Top 30 Prospects

GGajewski18

Just little over 2 months of minor league baseball left. Who is on your top 30 list? Reminder, Rodon, and Sanchez all have graduated from this list.

1. SS Tim Anderson

2. SP Carson Fulmer

3. SP Frankie Montas

4. SP Spencer Adams

5. 2B Micah Johnson

6. 3B Trey Michaelczewsi

7. SP Tyler Danish

8. OF Courtney Hawkins

9. 3B Matt Davidson

10. OF Micker Adolfo

11. SP Chris Beck

12. OF Trayce Thompson

13. SP Thad Lowry

14. OF Jacob May

15. SS Tyler Saladino

16. SP Jordan Guerrero

17. SP Jace Fry (TJ surgery)

18. 2B Jake Peter

19. RP J.B Wendelken

20. SP Andre Wheeler

21. OF Jason Coats

22. C Kevan Smith

23. 1B Keon Barnum

24. RP Miguel Chalas

25. SS Cleluis Rondon

26. OF Adam Engel

27. SS Eddy Alvarez

28. C Brett Austin

29. SP Yency Almonte

30. 3B Nick Delmonico

Just missed: Onelki Garcia, OF Mason Robbins, SP James Dykstra, SP Robinson Leyer, C Omar Naverez, OF Antonio Rodriguez, C Jhoandro Alfaro, SS Amado Nunez, Myles Jaye.

Thoughts?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 05:52 PM)
Just little over 2 months of minor league baseball left. Who is on your top 30 list? Reminder, Rodon, and Sanchez all have graduated from this list.

1. SS Tim Anderson

2. SP Carson Fulmer

3. SP Frankie Montas

4. SP Spencer Adams

5. 2B Micah Johnson

6. 3B Trey Michaelczewsi

7. SP Tyler Danish

8. OF Courtney Hawkins

9. 3B Matt Davidson

10. OF Micker Adolfo

11. SP Chris Beck

12. OF Trayce Thompson

13. SP Thad Lowry

14. OF Jacob May

15. SS Tyler Saladino

16. SP Jordan Guerrero

17. SP Jace Fry (TJ surgery)

18. 2B Jake Peter

19. RP J.B Wendelken

20. SP Andre Wheeler

21. OF Jason Coats

22. C Kevan Smith

23. 1B Keon Barnum

24. RP Miguel Chalas

25. SS Cleluis Rondon

26. OF Adam Engel

27. SS Eddy Alvarez

28. C Brett Austin

29. SP Yency Almonte

30. 3B Nick Delmonico

Just missed: Onelki Garcia, OF Mason Robbins, SP James Dykstra, SP Robinson Leyer, C Omar Naverez, OF Antonio Rodriguez, C Jhoandro Alfaro, SS Amado Nunez, Myles Jaye.

Thoughts?

Very nice list my man! The only things I would list differently is I would put Fulmer (assuming he signs) #1, Montas #2 and Anderson #3. Just my opinion and there's certainly a case to be made about any of the top three in any order. No matter, Montas, Fulmer and Anderson all make a case for being #1 but there's no doubt that any of the three can make up the 1/2/3 order in any way shape or form. 2015 would be an interesting year.

I'm liking the minors and what they have to offer at this point. Hopefully the Sox focus on development and not be overy concerned about rankings.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
I am not buying that only one guy from the 2015 draft makes the top 25 + just missed.

I honestly was thinking about that when I looked it over, but I just don't see anyone that would supplant anyone on my given list. Comito? Zangari? Hickman?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
MJ hasn't met the amount of games played to lose prospect status.

Just looked at this, and you are correct. Rodon is (or soon will be) off, same with Sanchez.

Our next official T30 will be end of July or so, and it is very possible we could acquire some prospects before then. But with what we have now, assuming Fulmer signs and Mike Hickman doesn't, I guess I'd go with something like this (not heavily researched yet)...

1. Tim Anderson

2. Carson Fulmer

3. Micah Johnson

4. Frank Montas

5. Trey Michalczewski

6. Tyler Danish

7. Spencer Adams

8. Micker Adolfo

9. Jacob May

10. Adam Engel

11. Trayce Thompson

12. Chris Beck

13. Courtney Hawkins

14. Jordan Guerrero

15. Kevan Smith

16. Tyler Saladino

17. Jason Coats

18. Thad Lowry

19. Matt Davidson

20. Onelki Garcia

21. Corey Zangari

22. Cleuluis Rondon

23. Terance Marin

24. Luis Castillo

25. Amado Nunez

26. Andrew Wheeler

27. Eddy Alvarez

28. Jhoandro Alfaro

29. Keon Barnum

30. Jake Peter

Next 10 (not necessarily in order): David Trexler, Jordan Stephens, Brian Clark, Zack Erwin, JB Wendelken, Yency Almonte, Robin Leyer, Johan Cruz, Mason Robbins, Danny Hayes

QUOTE (daggins @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
That's the highest take on Engel i've seen, especially since he's stunk like rotting fish in May/June.

He's hitting .281 in his last 15 games. I'd say that's a little better than "stunk like rotting fish", though certainly he's lacked the power lately too. That said, again, I didn't do a ton of research. I might drop him back a little bit, but I believe in the tools and he's not going to be much lower than that for me.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
Just looked at this, and you are correct. Rodon is (or soon will be) off, same with Sanchez.

Our next official T30 will be end of July or so, and it is very possible we could acquire some prospects before then. But with what we have now, assuming Fulmer signs and Mike Hickman doesn't, I guess I'd go with something like this (not heavily researched yet)...

1. Tim Anderson

2. Carson Fulmer

3. Micah Johnson

4. Frank Montas

5. Trey Michalczewski

6. Tyler Danish

7. Spencer Adams

8. Micker Adolfo

9. Jacob May

10. Adam Engel

11. Trayce Thompson

12. Chris Beck

13. Courtney Hawkins

14. Jordan Guerrero

15. Kevan Smith

16. Tyler Saladino

17. Jason Coats

18. Thad Lowry

19. Matt Davidson

20. Onelki Garcia

21. Corey Zangari

22. Cleuluis Rondon

23. Terance Marin

24. Luis Castillo

25. Amado Nunez

26. Andrew Wheeler

27. Eddy Alvarez

28. Jhoandro Alfaro

29. Keon Barnum

30. Jake Peter

Next 10 (not necessarily in order): David Trexler, Jordan Stephens, Brian Clark, Zack Erwin, JB Wendelken, Yency Almonte, Robin Leyer, Johan Cruz, Mason Robbins, Danny Hayes

Matt, where would you have Michael Hickman ranked if he signs?

QUOTE (daggins @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
That's the highest take on Engel i've seen, especially since he's stunk like rotting fish in May/June.

His tools alone are enticing. If you value ceiling over floor, you value him higher than someone who values floor over ceiling. Guys like him, Thompson, Rodriguez, Guerrero, Ortiz (before the injuries) etc. I've liked more than others in the past.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
His tools alone are enticing. If you value ceiling over floor, you value him higher than someone who values floor over ceiling. Guys like him, Thompson, Rodriguez, Guerrero, Ortiz (before the injuries) etc. I've liked more than others in the past.

my take is the sox prospects, according to this ratings, #9-19, excluding #11,12,14 and 18, will need to improve a lot in order to improve their position as a major prospects. i have no faith in them.

1. Tim Anderson

2. Micah Johnson- We had a prospect actually come up and hold his own, kind of. How exciting is that? That's like the first time in 10 years. His defense should come along and his base running certainly will.

3. Carson Fulmer- Looked incredible last night. No problem labeling his a future top of the rotation guy.

4. Frankie Montas

5. Tyler Danish-He's a 20 year old in AA and people are now down on him. It's literally the first hiccup he's had.

6. Spencer Adams

7. Trey M

8. Courtney Hawkins

9. Mike Adolfo

10. Chris Beck- should probably be up like now

11. JB Wendelken- great K ratio. Should be a safe bet to Crack the majors at some point.

12. Trayce Thompson- Terrific make or break year for him.

13. Adam Engel

14. Thad Lowry

15. Kevan Smith

16. Matt Davidson

17. Corey Zangari- Power was one of the elite tools in all the draft. But he seems completely raw otherwise so it's going to be tough for him in this organization.

18. Jordan Guerrero

19. Onelki Garcia- Getting up there in age but he's still putting up some elite K numbers.

20. Junior Guerra- sure, why not

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
I can't believe EJ's 1 month in bigs is enough to lose status but Micah's was not.

It used to be 50 IP for pitchers, 130 AB's for hitters and/or 45+ games on the active roster (besides September, I think).

Johnson's just BARELY over, 51 IP.

That Jace Fry TJ surgery is also really hurting the lower minors in terms of pitching depth, too...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
That Jace Fry TJ surgery is also really hurting the lower minors in terms of pitching depth, too...

Eh, one guy who was ranked in the teens doesn't "really hurt" much of anything, though it made a small dent perhaps. He is now being replaced in that rotation by Brennan, coming off surgery, a former high round pick.

The real decline in the system is about the top.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
Eh, one guy who was ranked in the teens doesn't "really hurt" much of anything, though it made a small dent perhaps. He is now being replaced in that rotation by Brennan, coming off surgery, a former high round pick.

The real decline in the system is about the top.

i totally agree in the comment about the decline on top of the system.

however, when this system needs players, 1 who has promise, does make a little dent in the system.

and again, ref Brennan and another pitcher, for me, will move up in the system, pretty much as you said.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
2. Micah Johnson- We had a prospect actually come up and hold his own, kind of. How exciting is that? That's like the first time in 10 years. His defense should come along and his base running certainly will.

If by "hold his own" you mean, "put up -0.3 fWAR in just 83 PA," then we are in agreement.

Sub-replacement level is a strange definition of "hold his own" though.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
If by "hold his own" you mean, "put up -0.3 fWAR in just 83 PA," then we are in agreement.

Sub-replacement level is a strange definition of "hold his own" though.

Maybe he meant offensively? He wasn't great at the plate but he wasn't bad either.