White Sox Make July 2nd Signings

Ozzie Ball

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, more defensively-challenged players that will live and die based on instruction.

Would be nice to hit on one of these "off the charts power" guys. Sounds like Adolfo's getting some competition to push him from below at least. The more talent injected into the lower levels....some of it has to pay off eventually.

Bring them on in. Get all of the bodies you can. Now what really gets interesting is will the White Sox bust the pools to go for Cubans. Eddy Martinez is floating out there and would instantly be our #1 prospect if we signed him. There are a couple of others who could be key pieces as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
Bring them on in. Get all of the bodies you can. Now what really gets interesting is will the White Sox bust the pools to go for Cubans. Eddy Martinez is floating out there and would instantly be our #1 prospect if we signed him. There are a couple of others who could be key pieces as well.

Alvarez signed with the Dodgers for $16M

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
Great, more defensively-challenged players that will live and die based on instruction.

Would be nice to hit on one of these "off the charts power" guys. Sounds like Adolfo's getting some competition to push him from below at least. The more talent injected into the lower levels....some of it has to pay off eventually.

Lets complain about 16-18 year old prospects before they even enter the system!

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
Lol all 16-18 year old prospects are all like likely defensively challenged.

Exactly. And they are prospects, it isnt like the Sox are tying 2016 to their fates. More likely than not we wont hear much about these kids for a few years

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
If that sets the market for Martinez, you can pretty much count the Sox out.

That's not entirely a bad thing, it's possibly that the Sox have deal(s) in place with the top 2016 guys.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
That's not entirely a bad thing, it's possibly that the Sox have deal(s) in place with the top 2016 guys.

I like the optimism, but that's not really the Sox's MO. I would be very surprised to see them all-in on the top guys.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)
Eh. I am not sure I would go that far. They did spend $10 million Viciedo, when no one was spending that amount out of Cuba.

It also wasn't against the rules at that time. I'd be absolutely shocked if they did anything more than show interest.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:19 AM)
Exactly. And they are prospects, it isnt like the Sox are tying 2016 to their fates. More likely than not we wont hear much about these kids for a few years

We are just now starting to see the bulk of the top guys moving into the States from the 2013 and 2014 classes, it is best to forget about this guys until they show up in Arizona for rookie ball.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
I like the optimism, but that's not really the Sox's MO. I would be very surprised to see them all-in on the top guys.

12 teams are not going to be able to sign a player for over 300K next year and the majority of those 12 teams are traditionally the biggest spenders. The Sox are in great shape for next year.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)
I see the Cubs have signed 5 of the to 30, 3 of whom for less than $1.5 million.

Where do they get all of this pool money?

I thought they were on probation anyway and couldn't sign.

They aren't this year. They will be again next year and the year after.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)

Yeah, when are the Sox going to start going after the polished, MLB-ready 16 year olds?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)
12 teams are not going to be able to sign a player for over 300K next year and the majority of those 12 teams are traditionally the biggest spenders. The Sox are in great shape for next year.

So since the biggest spenders are out, that could translate to the top guys signing for less money when compared to the top guys this year.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)

Really hope that translates to Maitan