07/24 GT: Cubs vs. Sox game 1, 1:20 PM

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan of both teams, hoping for a Cubs W to help their chances for playoffs and help our chances for #1 draft choice. Hoping for Moncada to have some nice at bats in this series and also going to keep a watch on Tim Anderson.

When did the Cubs sign Babe Ruth? :P :P

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 10:24 AM)
As a fan of both teams, hoping for a Cubs W to help their chances for playoffs and help our chances for #1 draft choice. Hoping for Moncada to have some nice at bats in this series and also going to keep a watch on Tim Anderson.

When did the Cubs sign Babe Ruth? :P :P

This is not allowed.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:41 AM)
This is not allowed.

I think it's fine. Younger, I probably would have agreed but now I say f*ck it. I have too much other s*** in my life to worry about someone liking both teams. Like what you want to like. It really only matters 4/6 games a season.

Edited by soxfan2014

I hope the Sox sweep, but just win at least a couple of these. There are plenty of losses coming for those who want the Sox to lose all the time.

And thank God they didn't lose more a couple of years ago and drafted Benetendi. They would win more games this year, and maybe even last, and most likely next. Screws up 3 drafts vs. 1.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:56 AM)
I hope the Sox sweep, but just win at least a couple of these. There are plenty of losses coming for those who want the Sox to lose all the time.

And thank God they didn't lose more a couple of years ago and drafted Benetendi. They would win more games this year, and maybe even last, and most likely next. Screws up 3 drafts vs. 1.

Hey!!!!

VVVVVVVVVVV

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:50 AM)
Let's please keep the meatballness to a minimum today.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
Yes, but he is now a major league baseball player and should know how to bunt.

He should also work on his 3-point shot. It'll be equally useful to him winning games during his career.

Should he know how to butcher boy too? Come on now, this team is being hamstrung by trying to bunt in situations where they clearly should not be bunting. It has cost them multiple runs and killed multiple innings. For someone who still wants this team to win every game they play, you should recognize that it is stupid for these guys to be bunting when they have been

First off, one of your better run producers should be Moncada. Secondly, he's bunting to move runners along for the Yolmer Sanchez. Thirdly, he is up 2-0 with a crappy bullpen, Swarzak unavailable and Pelfrey with 96 pitches, and isn't playing for the big inning. Lastly, Moncada had never bunted in his life. If he took one off the finger and broke it, that would have just added to the stupidity.

Maybe major leaguers should know how to bunt. That's a separate argument. But not all do, and Moncada is one of them.

Edited by Dick Allen