MARK BUEHRLE PITCHES THE 18TH PERFECT GAME IN HISTORY

southsider2k5

:gosox3:

Mark Buehrle Throws 18th Perfect Game in MLB History

By SoxNet

Chicago White Sox starter Mark Buehrle threw the 18th perfect game in MLB history on Thursday. The perfect game was part of a 5-0 victory against the Tampa Bay Rays which gave the Sox a share of the division league with the Detroit Tigers. The perfect game was the 2nd in White Sox history. Mark Buehrle has now started and closed a world series game, thrown a perfect game, and a no-hitter. We are researching but we believe he might be the first player in MLB history to accomplish all of those tasks and he is the 6th player in MLB history to throw both a no-hitter and a perfect game....More at the Link (Including Video's, Image's, Quotes, and Interesting Facts)

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This guy might've just earned himself a spot in the Hall of Fame with a few more seasons of winning. I love Mark Buehrle.

I was driving back to work from a meeting at another location, but decided to stop at home on the way back to catch the final inning. So happy that I did.

P.S. - I bumped my own thread to apologize to Wise.

White Sox left-hander Mark Buerhle threw the second perfect game in club history on Thursday, blanking the Tampa Bay Rays, 5-0, at U.S. Cellular Field. It was the second no-hitter of Buehrle’s career – he also threw one at home on April 18, 2007, vs. the Rangers. The only other perfect game in White Sox history was Charlie Robertson’s perfect 2-0 victory over the Tigers on April 30, 1922
- Official Sox statement.