2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New season of Sherlock debuted tonight. About to watch the episode right now.

If anyone out there has Netflix and likes crime, murder, mystery, detective, suspense, thriller shows, then you really need to be watching Sherlock. One of the best shows on TV right now, and nearly everyone has access to Netflix it seems, so catching up with only 6 episodes (90 min each), shouldn't take more than a few days.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 02:30 AM)
New season of Sherlock debuted tonight. About to watch the episode right now.

If anyone out there has Netflix and likes crime, murder, mystery, detective, suspense, thriller shows, then you really need to be watching Sherlock. One of the best shows on TV right now, and nearly everyone has access to Netflix it seems, so catching up with only 6 episodes (90 min each), shouldn't take more than a few days.

F!! Forgot to DVR it.

Wait, not on BBC America yet, just in UK.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
Justified starting next week.

The promos are getting me pumped.

Michael Rapaport looks awful, should be a fantastic villain. Also love that this could mean expanded screen time for Dewey Crowe.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
Community had very little to do with his popularity.

I wouldn't say it had very little to do with it.

Did you know who Childish Gambino was in 2009, before Community aired?

Community definitely helped his popularity.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Well, I knew who Donald Glover was back in 2006, from his Youtube sketch comedy group.

I just knew him as the guy from the bro rape video.

If he wasn't on national TV nearly every week the past 4 years, a lot of people wouldn't know who he is.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 08:41 PM)
So Community was pretty good.

I thought it was funny they had Troy make fun of himself (Donald Glover) for leaving in the middle of the season after Community made him pretty famous.

Community was exceptional.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
I just knew him as the guy from the bro rape video.

If he wasn't on national TV nearly every week the past 4 years, a lot of people wouldn't know who he is.

Being on national TV helped people know who Donald Glover was, not Childish Gambino. He did that all on his own. I still to this day only know of 1 person who watches both community AND listens to Childish. Everyone else either knows him as Troy from Community and had no idea he raps, or they know him as Childish Gambino and had no idea he was an actor or a comedian.

I'm a big fan of all his different careers, and I still don't even watch Community. Not saying anything about the show, I'm just saying he separates the two (or three) careers pretty well.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 10:30 PM)
I wouldn't say it had very little to do with it.

Did you know who Childish Gambino was in 2009, before Community aired?

Community definitely helped his popularity.

Mind blown. I had no idea Troy was Childish Gambino. Not sure how I'm just now figuring this out.