Name my future Son

RockRaines

Ok Soxtalk. I've have a little boy coming in a little over a month and my wife and I have had some friction regarding names. I have been very stuck on Frank Thomas as the first and middle name and we can call him little hurt.

At first she was very resistant but its starting to grow on her, especially when I told her the second choice is Braxton Miller. However its good to have alternatives that arent today's ridiculous made up s***.

We are very traditional, so no Lemonjello. She is half italian and half irish and i am 100% east German.

Here is your chance. If someone comes up with something better than Frank Thomas, and frankly if it sells my wife, I'll relay the results. My last name starts with a B

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 11:11 PM)
Ok Soxtalk. I've have a little boy coming in a little over a month and my wife and I have had some friction regarding names. I have been very stuck on Frank Thomas as the first and middle name and we can call him little hurt.

At first she was very resistant but its starting to grow on her, especially when I told her the second choice is Braxton Miller. However its good to have alternatives that arent today's ridiculous made up s***.

We are very traditional, so no Lemonjello. She is half italian and half irish and i am 100% east German.

Here is your chance. If someone comes up with something better than Frank Thomas, and frankly if it sells my wife, I'll relay the results. My last name starts with a B

After labor and all the contractions - Braxton will be the last thing she'll want to name the little tyke. :P

Little Hurt 100%. Frank Thomas... He's an instant hero on every scool yard in the Chicago land area.

:)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 01:30 AM)
Although half Mick, shes much more of a dego

:lol:

You cracked me up with that!

I'm not familiar with the dego names outside of what I've heard in movies like good fellas and such. I'm Scot/ Irish mix myself so I'm probably no help to ya. Early congrats on your baby boy, may he be as healthy as the Big Hurt himself. :cheers

I think my fiancée would name a future son Jim Tressel. She worships him.

I tease her and suggest names like lampshade or fencepost instead.

I think if we have a child, we're going to use the name of our respective best friends, but I have a few others in mind. I like Adrian or Julian for a boy, maybe Audrey for a girl (although this one has grown a lot in popularity).