Uniforms

35thstreetswarm

As the cold stove has shown no signs of heating, I have turned my thoughts to more frivolous baseball-related topics, like uniforms (a favorite of mine).

I think it would be worth considering a uniform redesign in the coming years. The Sox are due for one. And especially if the Sox are poised for a renaissance: I've also always liked it when a team decides to do a little rebranding to coincide with a big upswing, ala the 2000s-era Miami Heat. I've also always thought the Sox did not take sufficient advantage of the "White" in "White Sox," or the fact that the franchise owns one of the coolest color combos in baseball: white and black. I've also never loved the Yankees-knockoff pinstripe look.

With all that in mind, what about a super crisp white-on-white home uniform? The Nike redesigns of Vanderbilt are a good template, though I'm imagining even more white, like black-outlined white lettering and a super-simplified, almost Penn State football look that emphasizes the "white."

https://news.nike.com/news/baseball-vapor-elite-uniform

Another possibility would be to pair that with a black-on-black away uniform, ala Mississippi State/Louisville. White/Black. If too gimmicky, though, we could stick with the usual black alternates as aways, maybe with some tweaks.

I think the hat stays untouched, though.

Thoughts?

white_on_white.jpg

black_on_black.png

Personally I'm glad we've kept the look we've had for the last 20+ years and I don't want to change it. Loved the sleeveless growing up, but as an alternate I wouldn't mind seeing the batterman style but with the current color scheme (Similar to the new BP ST hats this year). I think that could look real sharp.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 06:15 PM)
Personally I'm glad we've kept the look we've had for the last 20+ years and I don't want to change it. Loved the sleeveless growing up, but as an alternate I wouldn't mind seeing the batterman style but with the current color scheme (Similar to the new BP ST hats this year). I think that could look real sharp.

Love all this. I’ve always wanted to see them incorporate a green as an alternate. Black and green. Think they’d sell boat loads on the south side.

QUOTE (35thstreetswarm @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 03:24 PM)
As the cold stove has shown no signs of heating, I have turned my thoughts to more frivolous baseball-related topics, like uniforms (a favorite of mine).

I think it would be worth considering a uniform redesign in the coming years. The Sox are due for one. And especially if the Sox are poised for a renaissance: I've also always liked it when a team decides to do a little rebranding to coincide with a big upswing, ala the 2000s-era Miami Heat. I've also always thought the Sox did not take sufficient advantage of the "White" in "White Sox," or the fact that the franchise owns one of the coolest color combos in baseball: white and black. I've also never loved the Yankees-knockoff pinstripe look.

With all that in mind, what about a super crisp white-on-white home uniform? The Nike redesigns of Vanderbilt are a good template, though I'm imagining even more white, like black-outlined white lettering and a super-simplified, almost Penn State football look that emphasizes the "white."

Another possibility would be to pair that with a black-on-black away uniform, ala Mississippi State/Louisville. White/Black. If too gimmicky, though, we could stick with the usual black alternates as aways, maybe with some tweaks.

Thoughts?

I’m with you on the home uniforms. Would love something like those Vandy’s uniforms. Don’t care for the pinstripes at all.

I would love to have an alternate silver jersey with the alternate sock logo instead of the SOX logo . I realize it's practically impossible to do because the silver uniform would only look good with the white home pants. And obviously silver is close to grey, which is the standard road color. So wishful thinking but just not practical.

I just don't see how someone can want to move away from the current design. Top 5 (1st in my biased opinion) uniform in baseball. I can understand wanting to see maybe something new but I think MLB/Majestic and soon Under Armour need to get better at holiday weekend/special weekend Jerseys kits. I think the ones they put out now are bad.

Edit- Also as said earlier in this thread, please bring the sleeveless unis back. When the Sox are dominating the AL in a couple years we need those back in the mix.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (Latilleon @ Jan 20, 2018 -> 12:11 AM)
Sox went most of their existence changing logos and uniforms every couple of years.

It's nice finally having a classic look that is known, respected, and appreciated worldwide.

Why change from one of the most popular logos/styles in sports?

I agree they're respected and appreciated. But I think it's the logo and color scheme that's respected. I'd go further in the direction of embracing the colors and logo, not away from it. There's nothing special or "White Sox" about the pinstripes; to the contrary, it's a Yankees thing.

QUOTE (35thstreetswarm @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 06:24 PM)

Thoughts?

So essentially re-introducing the uniforms from 1987-1990 and simply swapping out the red and blue colors with silver and black?

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jan 20, 2018 -> 11:39 AM)
So essentially re-introducing the uniforms from 1987-1990 and simply swapping out the red and blue colors with silver and black?

Not exactly - those uniforms had a totally different logo, different font, huge numbers on the pants, etc. The only thing that would be the same would be the home unis would be white instead of pinstripe.

QUOTE (soxfan18 @ Jan 20, 2018 -> 12:30 PM)
I don't get all the vest love. It was a 2000s fad that thankfully died.

Another risk that comes with the sleeveless is that fans buy them, too. Ever sit next to a fat guy in the sleeveless jersey with his pit-hair blazing on a hot August day in the early 2000s ? Not pretty

QUOTE (35thstreetswarm @ Jan 20, 2018 -> 03:41 PM)
Another risk that comes with the sleeveless is that fans buy them, too. Ever sit next to a fat guy in the sleeveless jersey with his pit-hair blazing on a hot August day in the early 2000s ? Not pretty

Uh people don't wear sleeveless shirts already at games?