Sox @ Padres 6/11 Official Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
Mark Buerhle (7-1, 3.55 ERA) takes the hill against Tim Stauffer (1-2, 4.55 ERA). The Sox are on a 4 game winning streak this road trip, so lets make it 5.  :headbang  :gosox3:

The pitching mathup look great on paper, now we just needa play the game and win. :gosox3:

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
6-1 record on interleague road games this year.  Can't b**** about that.  Here's hoping we make it 7-1 tonight.  :cheers

But that won't be good enough for some people because one of those were against the cubs. :headshake

San Diego's been struggling. They lost 2 of 3 to Cleveland, we're "slightly" better than Cleveland, and we don't have to face either of their potential stoppers.

L.A...we did you a favor today by helping you close in on the Padres, you did us a favor by knocking off the Twinkies.

Let's repeat the favors tomorrow.

Mark...Let's shoot for a 1 hour 50 minute game. I need to bike in to school to check on an experiment.

Mark Buehrle will hit a HR tonight, joining Zack Greinke, Fat Boy Sabathia and Jason Johnson as the only AL pitchers this year to do it. He has to 1-up his buddy Garland. :D :D

Anyway, don't know much about this Stauffer guy, but I hope he's no Eaton or Peavy. But MB hasn't had a decision since May 18. Almost a month. Tonight's a good a night as ever to get #8.

:gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
Mark Buehrle will hit a HR tonight, joining Zack Greinke, Fat Boy Sabathia and Jason Johnson as the only AL pitchers this year to do it. He has to 1-up his buddy Garland.  :D  :D

Anyway, don't know much about this Stauffer guy, but I hope he's no Eaton or Peavy.  But MB hasn't had a decision since May 18.  Almost a month.  Tonight's a good a night as ever to get #8.

:gosox1:  :gosox3:  :gosox2:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

I think the Stauffer guy is a rookie, our past success against rookies isn't good, but this is a different team then the ones in years past. :gosox1:

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
I think the Stauffer guy is a rookie, our past success against rookies isn't good, but this is a different team then the ones in years past.  :gosox1:

That was so "last year". :D

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Anyway, don't know much about this Stauffer guy, but I hope he's no Eaton or Peavy.  But MB hasn't had a decision since May 18.  Almost a month.  Tonight's a good a night as ever to get #8.

Sadly, a lot of times it hasn't been Mark's fault, like that Extra-inning affair against the Angels. He was brilliant, team just couldn't get the runs. Seems like we can probably say that about almost every one of our starters except El Duque - we really owe Jose a few wins, and we've kinda let Garland down once or twice in the past few weeks.

We owe Mark more than a couple of runs tonight.

Lineups are in:

Pods

Iguchi

Rowand

Konerko

Dye

AJ

Uribe

Crede

Buehrle

Same as last night, just a different pitcher obviously.

The fathers:

Jackson 2B

Greene SS

Giles RF

Nevin 1B

Klesko LF

Hernandez C

Blum 3B

Nady CF

Stauffer P

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:30 AM)
I think Timo's lost a little on his blowjob.

he hasnt been on in a while.

Don't worry, as soon as Dye takes an 0 for, Timo will be in the lineup. I'm about ready to predict Timo will play 1b tomorrow.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Don't worry, as soon as Dye takes an 0 for, Timo will be in the lineup.  I'm about ready to predict Timo will play 1b tomorrow.

If the Sox win tonight, which Sunday option would be more horrifying? Frank at 1B or Timo at 1B?

:puke

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
If the Sox win tonight, which Sunday option would be more horrifying?  Frank at 1B or Timo at 1B? 

Frank at 1B. I'm willing to lose a game if it means Frank won't get hurt. Tomorrow is the last game in an NL park, no need to risk it at all. As bad as Timo is, I'd rather see him there.

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
If the Sox win tonight, which Sunday option would be more horrifying?  Frank at 1B or Timo at 1B? 

Defiantly Frank I woudnt want him to get hurt again.