Brazilian RHP Eric Pardinho: July 2nd Prospect

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
Depends on when he comes over. He may wait it out until he isn't a restricted free agent and when that happens, it won't matter if we went over our bonus pool because he wouldn't counts towards that.

It sounds like he is coming over next winter to get his clock started toward free agency. The winner is likely to be whoever has the most bonus pool money left over.

Crossing my fingers here.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2016/...ng-marco-paddy/

Obviously, if the right pitcher is there we’ll take him but I actually have a big smile on my face because we’re looking at a guy for next year that I think has a chance to be an excellent pitcher. However, they don’t come around that often and you really want to make sure it’s the right guy. There’s so much you have to go through and so many things that have to happen for it to happen. So yeah, we focus on the position players when you’re talking about players who sign for a million dollars or a half million dollars. Typically we want to spend that on a position player but again, if the right guy comes around, there is no doubt we will be on him.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 11:54 AM)
Wow great catch. These J2 signings are completely far before the deadline so perhaps Sox already have him locked up.

It is a stab in the dark based on nothing other than a vague statement from months ago, but it isn't that hard to make a leap of faith here. I tried finding some information on this July 2 class, but there is nothing out there as of yet.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 07:32 PM)
It is a stab in the dark based on nothing other than a vague statement from months ago, but it isn't that hard to make a leap of faith here. I tried finding some information on this July 2 class, but there is nothing out there as of yet.

Usually by early February, MLB.com releases their International Top 30. Badler soon after with a top 50.